reverse lights

DBogo

Reaction score
the other night i let my dad take my rig for a spin and i noticed when he tossed it in reverse i got no reverse lights i just went out and took the lights off to see if there was even bulbs in them when i bought it and yes theres bulbs and the look ok i had reverse lights when the utility box was on but now i dont got no reverse lights my tail lights work and everythign blinkers brakes and the whole bit but no reverse lights?? anyone have any ideas

kwazyca

HALF A BUBBLE OFF?
Reaction score
Never have played with my Ford's but..........On most of the other vehicles I have owned there was a plug on the tranny that would wiggle loose sometimes. Usually 2 wires.

Might be worth a crawl under and look?

Tom

DBogo

Reaction score
hmm lemme go do that but they worked when i had the utility box on but i will go check that anyways

DBogo

Reaction score
well i looked for the connector couldnt find it but the thing is that worked before i put this bed on so any other ideas here

Gildo

Reaction score
I would check the fuse first. I had to replace the trailer pigtail on mine a couple of years ago. The part of the pigtail that plugs into the factory harness had shorted inside, I suppose from just the little bit of movement from that was present over time. My trailer lights acted funky too, that's what prompted me to check the pigtail. The fuse wouldn't blow until I put the truck in reverse. I removed the pigtail and the problem went away, so I simply replaced it and that fixed it.

Good luck,
Gil

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
check the reverse light wire with a ohm meter... i bet something got pinched when you sat the bed on it

that will atleast let you know if it has a problem from the bed back or something in the cab

Last edited:

DBogo

Reaction score
ahh good idea does anyone know what fuse that the reverse lights would be

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk