rental freeze plug installer

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I believe we have a few that might but they will have to come forwards. For me to out them is not a responsible thing to do.

Nrliftedranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i fully understand it was worth asking the local international dealer thinks they might possibly have one there looking into it if not im sure ill figure something out

Just wish i knew at what depth the center plunger protrudes fron the outer housing i might be able to get a little creative on the lathe

Nick

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i fully understand it was worth asking the local international dealer thinks they might possibly have one there looking into it if not im sure ill figure something out

Just wish i knew at what depth the center plunger protrudes fron the outer housing i might be able to get a little creative on the lathe

Nick
So do a ADVANCED SEARCH there are actually drawings on this site for said tool FYI Just dig!

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made one out of some sch 80 pipe and a 1" bolt. Worked well. The end of the center is roughly even with the end of the outer tube, but the outer tube needs to be radiused so it bears only on the outer edge of the plug.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
ok cool thank you so the outer housing of the tool has to be basically beveled to center itself on the freeze plugs exterior

That is right. The idea is to keep pressure on the outside edge of the plug so it sets in the engine block whilst you bang away on the center.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a 3.5" radiius on the end of the tool. Draw a 7" circle and grind the tool to fit, you'll be damn close. Just alittle free info.:D

Attachments

• DVC01773.JPG
    DVC01773.JPG
    265.7 KB · Views: 87

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my version. Thumbnails don't work for some reason but just clink on the link.

You must be registered for see images attach

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I used 1" scd 80 with a piece of 1 1/4 scd 80 over it to get the full 1 1/2 diameter. Had to do some lathe work to make it all fit together though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance