Removing Weatherstrip

tuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a lot of wind noise through the weatherstrip that goes around the door opening. I've read about slideing in vinal tube or dual rod backer rod in to fill the gap. How does the weatherstrip come off? Haven't really had a chance to check it out. Thanks Ed

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I'm getting a lot of wind noise through the weatherstrip that goes around the door opening. I've read about slideing in vinal tube or dual rod backer rod in to fill the gap. How does the weatherstrip come off? Haven't really had a chance to check it out. Thanks Ed

Make sure you determine which weatherstrip is leaking and are the doors adjusted in the opening correctly (I know...stupid question). Here's some part #'s and prices from LMC (www.LMCtruck.com) :

Door opening on cab W/S 49-9339 $39.95 ea
W/S on door-top LH 49-9346 $19.95
W/S on door top RH 49-9347 $19.95
Window W/S kit (anti-rattle) 49-7153 $99.95
(*includes W/S, inner and outer scrapers for both doors)

Tom

tuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you determine which weatherstrip is leaking and are the doors adjusted in the opening correctly (I know...stupid question). Here's some part #'s and prices from LMC (www.LMCtruck.com) :

Door opening on cab W/S 49-9339 $39.95 ea
W/S on door-top LH 49-9346 $19.95
W/S on door top RH 49-9347 $19.95
Window W/S kit (anti-rattle) 49-7153 $99.95
(*includes W/S, inner and outer scrapers for both doors)

Tom

I thought it may be the door out of adjustment to. Tweaked it a little fits better but still has a small gap. I was going to run some tubing through the weatherstrip around the door opening seeing how its still in decent shape, just kinda sqaushed over time. I was just wondering how it comes off? Figure it'll be easier to slide the tubing through. Thanks for the numbers as I'll probably get that anti-rattle kit. Ed

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Ed,
To take the weather stripping off, ya need to remove the interior trim pieces around the door openings.
Once done, you will see where the strip is smet together at the ends( will be at the bottom under the rocker panel scuff plate).
Just get ahold of it and gently pull it up and it will come off. If the rockers are rusty, the stripping will be a bit difficult to remove but will come up.

Good luck.;Sweet

tuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ron, after lookin at it today I kinda figured thats what I had to do.