removing tint

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
What's a quick and painless way of removing window tint? I have been using a razor blade but it's getting tiresome. Is there anything that I can spray on and wipe away the glue that is left behind? Have been thinking about using alcohol but don't know if that will just make it wet or what...

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alcohol, MEK or Acetone and a white Scotchbrite pad will take the glue right off.

As for the actual film you have to rip it off or keep at it with the razor blade.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heatgun makes for easy removal. We sell RVs at work and have to go through them first to get them ready for sale. I managed to pull the tint off one of the big side windows in one piece working slow with a heatgun and pulling a little at a time. Windex also works pretty good at taking the glue off the window.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Quick and painless way... Pay the kid at the window tint place the $75 to do it :rotflmao Sorry, couldn't resist, but that's what I'm doing this time around. did that once before on a conversion van and my last nerve was gone by the time I finished.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Put some glue on your speedos-rub yer butt on the window.If it don't work try wiggling it faster-if thet don't work then we all had a good laugh :rotflmao:yell:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just don't crack the glass with extremes in heat or cold. If that's even possible... maybe that's what tempered means? :dunno

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Put some glue on your speedos-rub yer butt on the window.If it don't work try wiggling it faster-if thet don't work then we all had a good laugh :rotflmao:yell:

BILL!!!!!!!!!

Please don't give him any more advice.:backoff

That visual is now permanantly inscribed in my head.:rotflmao:rotflmao

3M does make an adhesive remover that I've used for removing decals and the adhesive off the sides of our squad cars. Dang expensive per can but it sure does the trick.
Since it's on glass, get one of those razor blade holders Trav. Then ya can put some pressure on it.

Hair dryer and paint remover works wonders too.;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online