remanufactured PSD info

jfinch

jfinch
Reaction score
any one know how to find out when a motor was re-built? when i bought my truck the dealer had just gotten it in and was still in the process of cleaning it when i bought it. so i assume thy didn't look it over to well because he told me it had 245K on it, but after getting it home and looking over the motor more i saw many Navistar re manufactured stickers all over it. problem is i have nothing else to go by, the motors wiring harness is dated for 2004 but thats about it. any thing I'm overlooking here?? called Ford and Navistar, no luck there. buddy of mine at work said there should be a tag or something written on it, but still no luck-maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot. any help would be great, it would be nice to know when it was rebuilt so i can figure what miles it has.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's no date on the valve cover sticker?

jfinch

jfinch
Reaction score
nothin, just gives me some story about how navistar made this motor to factory specs and it it great quality and all. and there is a "ford quality recycled motor"sticker also.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess my only other suggestion would be to contact the dealer and try to get info on the previous owner and see if he will tell you when the engine was changed out.

jfinch

jfinch
Reaction score
well it runs good, so if I don't find out oh well, just figured I'd try. filled in my signature so there is a little info on the truck....

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you dont have excessive blow by issues or oil consumption I would just drive the wheels off it, she'll be good for a long long time.

jfinch

jfinch
Reaction score
i have hardly any oil consumption, but this is my first diesel so elaborate on blow by please...

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pull the turbo intake tube off, thats where the CCV goes. You might want to get the engine up to good op temp and then pull the intake. You'll see the vapors if its excessive.

waynebo

Reaction score
If its rebuilt by Navistar i would expect it to be a good a new or maybe better because a seasoned block is less likely to have problems and the block has been stress releived from all the hot and cold cycles before it was rebuilt.

Now when its bored and rebuilt there will be a lot less stesses left in the block so distortion will be a minimum compared to a new block,i would say your lucky to get a good rebuilt engine,it can't have to many miles on it,,wayne

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online