Red Head Group

burt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im in for the group buy as well. Btw ruff stuff specialties sells a y steering kit with 1 ton chevy tie rod ends for $240. only difference is you need to cut the tubes and weld the bungs. If you are confident in your fab skills I recommend it. I did it to mine after I pretzled my stock drag link.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Im in for the group buy as well. Btw ruff stuff specialties sells a y steering kit with 1 ton chevy tie rod ends for $240. only difference is you need to cut the tubes and weld the bungs. If you are confident in your fab skills I recommend it. I did it to mine after I pretzled my stock drag link.

And ream out the knuckles and pitman arm with the proper tapered reamer.

burt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And ream out the knuckles and pitman arm with the proper tapered reamer.

You have to do that with the Carrick one linked for $435 also. I just said the only difference is you have to cut and weld. Only way this applies to this thread is that if you would get on the group buy but cant afford it because you were gonna buy the carrick kit. You could get the ruffstuff kit and a redhead for close to the same money with some elbow grease. Im not putting down the Carrick kit in any way and am always happy to see a buisness supporting our chassis. I just want more people on the group buy

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
$435 wow! I'll have to go look that up. I know the reamers are a bit expensive but they must have something else there. My reamer was $40 some odd from eBay, correct taper 7.something*. The offroad guys use a drill, LOTS of cutting oil, and go slow and test for a lot. IIRC Ruff Stuff also sells hardened steel inserts that you drill out the knuckle to 3/4" and weld them in. Gonna check that kit out just out of curiosity.

EDIT: Never mind, I see what you meant now. Cheb 1 ton TRE's are so a good idea for off road/on road guys to stay DOT lethal and have beefier tire rod ends that can take more abuse. I'll only be reaming my pitman arm and going high steer with both D60 swaps...whenever I cab get around to starting on that.