Red Head Group

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was shooting for end of the month/first week of April at the latest.

A Borgeson shaft is on my list too ;Sweet

Now you show me that upgraded steering setup! Spendy, but sure looks like it would do the trick.
I THINK that that upgraded steering setup is only meant for Dana 60 trucks, but it's worth contacting them and seeing if it'll work with a Dana 50, possibly with some modifications.

Let me get back to you, but I THINK that doing it at the end of this month or early April would work for me.

Thank you for arranging this! ;Sweet

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
D60 linkage won't work with any TTB unless you swapped in a later solid D50. There are places that make better aftermarket fabbed TTB linkag3s for the prerunner guys.

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
Any more interest or questions?

My current plan is to call RedHead Monday or Tuesday and "officially" set up our group buy. It is a 3 day deal, so you HAVE to call them during those 3 days and place your order then. I'm going to do April 4,5,6. Any objections??

I will likely set up another thread once the buy is officially in motion

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With dollar so weak I need to wait until motohome sells to afford the box.

Just got off phone w them.

They can port the box for an additional $110 US ..:eek:

So....looks like I had better get busy and dissassemble and port one of my boxes. I do not need to re-assemble it just include all the parts and ship it to them.

If motorhome sale comes through soon I am all over the group buy otherwise guess on my own.

Next is decent saginaw pump ....

My steering will be so saweet.

Last edited:

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
Any more interest or questions?

My current plan is to call RedHead Monday or Tuesday and "officially" set up our group buy. It is a 3 day deal, so you HAVE to call them during those 3 days and place your order then. I'm going to do April 4,5,6. Any objections??

I will likely set up another thread once the buy is officially in motion
I'm still in and those dates work for me it will be warmer then to install

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
Get dat home on wheels sold!

With dollar so weak I need to wait until motohome sells to afford the box.

Just got off phone w them.

They can port the box for an additional $110 US ..:eek:

So....looks like I had better get busy and dissassemble and port one of my boxes. I do not need to re-assemble it just include all the parts and ship it to them.

If motorhome sale comes through soon I am all over the group buy otherwise guess on my own.

Next is decent saginaw pump ....

My steering will be so saweet.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Port the box?

Hmm, I might be in. Poss. even for two.

Portingthe power steering box means drilling and tapping two spots so fluid can be used to operate a hydraulic ram for hydro assist steering.

It helps remove some of the load from the sector shaft and also it becomes am active steering stablizer. Very effective for larger tyres ljke my 11:
.00 × 16 × 38 XL Michelans.

I will see if I have time...but so damn busy may not.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I ported Bruiser's steering gearbox myself, but I already had it apart for a rebuild. Hopefully I'll be able to afford the redhead group buy train next time it comes around. I've had exactly ONE box that didn't leak...for about 9 months until I got hit. The one I rebuilt had a ding right at the output seal...

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ported Bruiser's steering gearbox myself, but I already had it apart for a rebuild. Hopefully I'll be able to afford the redhead group buy train next time it comes around. I've had exactly ONE box that didn't leak...for about 9 months until I got hit. The one I rebuilt had a ding right at the output seal...

Where did u get diagram for porting...i had it on computer...but it got wiped :mad:

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I THINK that that upgraded steering setup is only meant for Dana 60 trucks, but it's worth contacting them and seeing if it'll work with a Dana 50, possibly with some modifications.

Let me get back to you, but I THINK that doing it at the end of this month or early April would work for me.

Thank you for arranging this! ;Sweet
tim-
we have other options without shipping issues.