rear tank filling front??

banshee4599

Reaction score
Today my truck started filling the front tank while i was running on the rear. Any ideas where to start with this one??

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
The tank selector valve on the driverside framerail. It's a common issue. You may get lucky and just switch it back and forth between the two tanks, hopefully it will correct itself.

banshee4599

Reaction score
thanks everything has been fine for a month now since i fixed both shower heads and fixed the leaky float on the front tank so hopefully it will straighten up

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Yup crap can hang up the selector valve. I have heard you can drill out the plastic rivets that hold it together to try repairing it since its expensive to replace. Otherwise some manual 3 way valves will replace mine if it acts up.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
You found a selector valve for that price?? Grab it! Im sure it aint near the quality of the motorcraft unit but you could use it in a pinch.

wmoguy

Reaction score
i found them at autozone for 48 bucks not sure if they are any good tho.

double check that its a direct replacement and not just a universal one. Based on price and location to be purchased I"m guessing it's a universal fit. Universal can be made to work, but you'll need the wiring harness and will have to figure out how to wire in your tank sending units to it as well

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Mine has done this to me in the past. The ole' toggle the fuel selecter switch back and forth a couple times clears it up for me LOL.

Hasnt happened in a couple years....

banshee4599

Reaction score
it is the universal i figured there was something going on for that price but after i went back and read the fine print i can see now what it is but the problem seems to have corrected itself so thank you for all your help everyone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online