rear spring shackles and hangers

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was working on my RDT today when I noticed that my left shackle hanger is cracked pretty bad, it still holds the spring where it should be but with MI roads in the condition they are that simply can't last for long. The other side is in a bit better shape, but there are cracks there as well, just a different location. So I'm in the market for new shackles and hangers, and figured might as well redo the big hangers on the front of the springs, even tho they seem okay for now. Where would y'all recommend that I get the parts? I found a store on evil bay that has the rear shackles and hangers with all the bolts for like $160, is that a good price?

Also, for the big hangers, I found some that look very similar to mine, part # F2UZ-5775-C, but I do not know if they will work - can someone please look up the part number and tell me what truck those hangers are for?

Or if anyone has a set that they bought or saved from a parts truck that was in good condition, and no longer need them parts, shoot me a PM please.

Thanks!

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
had the same problem in the rear of my truck, i stole them off the parts truck but might have a good set of fronts. i will try to check soon.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jred, my truck is a 2wd, I ain't got front leaf springs - I was talking about the front hangers for the rear springs, and also the hangers for the shackles which is what really needs replacement.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
sorry that is what i meant by front, the front spring hanger on the rear springs

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I'm not sure which part you call the hanger and which the shackle but I got the part that bolts to the frame for $40 from ford

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The part that bolts to the frame is the hanger, the shackle is the dog-bone-ish thing between the spring and the hanger.

Apparently Stengel Bros Inc. has a kit of two rear hangers and two shackles and all the associated hardware for $120, and apparently build quality is great for their parts.

howards@howard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hangers

There not all the same. Just get them from ford not that bad $$ I have done a lot of them. You will need a fire extingusher band-aids and beer to do the job. Good luck

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I've done a bunch too....80-96 F150 4x4's use the same 3" wide rear hangers and shackles as the 80-96 F250/F350 2wd and 4wd's. The 80-96 F150 2wd has 2.5" wide springs so they are the difference. The 88-97 super duty's use the cast steel hangers and heavier shackles. I sell a bunch of them locally from my used trucks, I probably have 5 or 6 sets cut off laying in my garage to sell that had been replaced at some time. The E350's us the same "rear of rear" spring hangers and shackles as well. If you can get them for $120 then take that deal. New hangers alone at $150 each at my local dealership and that's without the shackles....cookoo...I put a used one from an F150 4x4 on my F250, exactly the same.

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
Pull the bed off & take a grinder to the rivits. Then just bang em out with a punch & BFH. If you weren't wayyyy down in the Motor City I'd come give ya a hand.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cat Rebel, I'm actually in Redford now, just moved :D But I ain't pulling the bed off, instead I'm gonna cut through the shackles and the front spring hanger bolts with my beastly sawzall, then install "new" springs (cause I need those as well) and shackles and rear hangers I'm getting from a guy at TDS... at least that's the plan for now, will see how much shipping will be from PA for all these heavy parts.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
In addition to the beer , you need eye protection. There is always rust and dirt that WILL fall into your eyes.

howards@howard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hangers

a cutting tourch and a garden hose and a air chisle.

I wasnt happy with those after market leaf spring kits at least the ones I got from a foren country probably. after a few years of hard work they just looked like the old ones

zpd307

Reaction score
if we are getting that in depth, use some ear plugs. i am all ready half deaf, at 32. at least that is what my wife says....

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look on Ebay, I just got a complete kit for my truck it came with everything needed except the spring bushings but they stocked them too. I think it was around $150ish plus 30 for the bushings. I figured for under $200 it was worth it to have all the parts and not have to worry about cutting off used parts that were better than what I had then finding the right bolts. I think the place was called The Suspension Shop. They are based in Ohio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online