rear spring shackles and hangers

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no cutting torch, but I got a 10k-rpm Milwaukee angle grinder, that thing eats metal like tis butter! Just as long as I can get the darn thing in there, as truck has running boards and tis a bit of a tight fit under there.

Ironman, when I mentioned the ebay find, that's just the company I was talking about - the Suspension Shop, they got the full kit for $160.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
sorry it took so long but we ended up cutting the set up we had to get the springs off. i had no idea they were worth anything.

sounds like you got something worked out anyway.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jred, no worries, but since you mentioned it - how hard is it to cut the shackles or hangers? Think I can get the super-sawzall with a rescue/demolition blade in there, and have a field day?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
we used a metal cutting blade on our grinders and that seems to be the fastast method besides a torch. we had a fancy sawzall the size of a small dog since my BIL is in construction and it didnt cut as fast as that. still good though but a cutting wheel on a grinder is what i would reccomend for the grunt of the work.

get a few, the cheep wheels seem to work just as well as the good ones. you will probubly still want the sawzall for a few areas though.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, yeah I got a few wheels floating around in one of the toolboxes, so will use those... Should be fun work, that's for sure!

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, it ain't no big city man, the house next to me is empty and right next to it is an abandoned gas station and right next to it is an abandoned something else. I'll have my buddy Jake helping out for sure, then I got my roommate's dad and his neighbor, so we may have the manpower already... will let ya know when I get the springs, and thanks for the offer!