Rear antilock brake light

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my RAB light on for some time now and decided it was time to change the rear axle sensor. I disconnected the battery for 1 minute after replacing but the light remains on..Any ideas?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That lite will come in when the brake fluid is low. Check the level. Add if needed but not so much that when you replace the pads or shoes it gets pushed out the resivour top.

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good idea, where would I find the obII connection? I haven't seen one since I owned the truck :S

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
Just pull the bulb, it has nothing to do with your speedo, if there's really something wrong with the brakes, you won't need a light to tell you.

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just pull the bulb, it has nothing to do with your speedo, if there's really something wrong with the brakes, you won't need a light to tell you.

Alright. Will do, and also would that rear axle sensor have any effect on my speedo, since I changed it it feels that it is more accurate. Doesn't feel like I'm doing 60 when the speedo says 80.

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
If it was the speedo sensor, then yes. I cant recall if '90 used electric speedo sensor or a cable, if it wasn't the speedo sensor then it shouldn't have any effect.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Good idea, where would I find the obII connection? I haven't seen one since I owned the truck :S

well, we don't have an obdII connection. we do have obdI however. i know on the obs trucks it is right next to the drivers side hood hinge in the engine compartment. not sure if the brick nose is the same.

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure of they did. I am going to test with my girlfriends focus, and that's what I thought that plug was for.

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried taking a code reader to the truck but it did not have my motor on it and I tried selecting the 5.8 with e4od but would just shut down:S

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A friend (ASE Certified master mechanic, Not diesel though) couldn't find any OBD connection when my Rear ABS light stayed on. I did a manual adjustment to the rear brakes and it went out.

(my .02)

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend (ASE Certified master mechanic, Not diesel though) couldn't find any OBD connection when my Rear ABS light stayed on. I did a manual adjustment to the rear brakes and it went out.

(my .02)
Maybe I should give that a shot. Because when it First came on it was flashing on off while driving for 2-3 days and then bang it stayed on.