REALLY nice add-on for those that change their oil

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
5000 miles ago when changing my oil I put on Geno's "Finger Touch Oil Drain Valve"
Just changed oil on Sat. and man oh man that is very nice. No wrench, no oil on hands, no mess. Works espicially nice for me as my drain pan isn't big enough to hold all that's in the motor, so I have to stop half way through and pour into bucket and go back and drain the rest. This works flawlessly with the valve opening. I know these have been around for a while (but we're supposed to be adding stuff to the truck threads).
Anyway, I was skeptical that it would stick down too far and get ripped off. It survived hunting season driving accross prairy over sage brush and then in the mountains on jeep trails (I don't do hard core off road with my truck) But anyways, it doesn't stick down lower than the front axle does which is about a foot in front of it protecting it anyway. So if your ordering from Geno's, add in an extra $25 and get one, you'll wonder why you waited so long.
Sure wish I could get one for all my vehicles.
(I'm not associated with Geno's):thanks:

Stoked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had one on my F250. I'm about to buy one for my Dodge when I order my filters.

B

Big K

These things look cool, and I prolly should get one, but I just feel more comfortable with the plug. Noone that I've talked to about this has had a problem with theirs. Maybe someday I'll get over my hangup here:confused:

Fishin2Deep4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I once had a problem with a finger touch vavle on another truck. Needless to say, it cost me an engine, so I said never again.

I went eith the EZ drain. Replaces the plug. Just remove the cap, screw on the drain tube, oil comes out, unscrew tube and replace cap. I drain the oil directly into my waste containers and never get my hands dirty.

The finger touch valves look like they may be pretty well protected under the Dodge. I'm sure they work well. I have never heard of a CTD failure from them.

Dave

me4osu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of the EZ drain like fishin said. I spend too much time and mess trying to pour my old oil out of the bucket back into the old containers.

NAIL BENDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats why we (Big K and myself) ordered up two 55 gallon drums from the recycle company. It all (oil, tranny, gear lube?) goes in the drums and they pic them up when full.

DEZLPWR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer the Heavy Duty drain plug with the magnetic tip and plenty of silicone to keep it from leaking.... :frustrate :frustrate

B

Big K

Have welder, you travel. :rolleyes:

Shut your yap, silicone boy:yell: ;p

BTW - got a fresh tube for your next oil change;)

tube of silicone, and engine oil change, that is, you sickos. :kick:

Mr. Fix it

Reaction score
Hey, I just ordered a finger touch from Genos. I guess I should have read this thread first. Oh well, I'm sure it will be fine. The reason I got it was I am tired of having to change the rubber washer at every oil change or else I get a little drip. So I figure I well install the finger touch, I'll use a little of Big K's silicone and be done with it.

I was also concerned about clearance (2wd), but I don't do any off roading except occasional fields and two tracks. Glad it does not seem to be a problem. Thought about a teflon washer, but can't seem to find just the washer in such a big size for the Dodge. Thanks for the info, Kevin

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
A friend suggested putting a hose clamp on it to keep the lever from going down, thus opening the valve. Not a bad idea, I was thinking of putting a little chunk of ruber hose under the clamp to give it some grip. Just a little extra security.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online