Rattling in Front and fuel filter replace question

travelinman31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2001 2wd. I've searched this site and the other places on the internet to no avail. Rattling in front end of truck. When brakes are applied at all it goes away. I can wiggle by hand my cailiper on drivers side (which is where noise seems to be coming from). I installed new anti rattle clips, and slide pins. You can literally move the caliper enough by hand to make it rattle. Any one else experienced this and if so what is the fix. I've installed new sway bar bushings as this has fixed other vehicles in the past. But this problem seems to be whith in the caliper mounting system.

Also when changing the fuel filter, if I open the drain where will the fuel come out. I'd like to catch it so I can see if there is any sign of water. Thanks for your suggestions and answers.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Sounds like your pads are pretty worn on that side or it's somehow releasing too far causing play. Maybe try bleeding it. Any calipers I've ever seen keep a fairly good hold on the disc. No wiggle room at all. My 94 just drains into the valley. But I believe there's supposed to be a hose that comes out near the starter area.