rarity of crew cabs?

gandalf

Reaction score
That's why you go to the end of the parking lot and park sideways or at an angle...you take up more spaces, but they're not desirable and at least you're not blocking the lane. I have plenty of experience with this :angel:

Or you can be like this idiot...

And that, Tim, is why I have a daily driver. I very rarely take the truck into a parking lot, and then only when we're out camping.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And that, Tim, is why I have a daily driver. I very rarely take the truck into a parking lot, and then only when we're out camping.
owning a CC dually in Santa Clara like the guy in the pic, there prolly was some idiot who left a nastygram of the truck taking up too many spaces. their solution is no different than mime.......I'm trying to be considerate by parking out in the back 40 taking up a few spots, but if that upsets you(the note writer) let me introduce the ******* side of me :Dn scarey part is i can tell you where he's parked....in a shopping center off Homestead Av. cross of Kiley. right across the street from the main library.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ken, you and me both! I love my truck, but she's not normally my daily driver. I've been driving the truck to work for the last couple of weeks, though; the alternator pulley on my car committed suicide and the alternator's currently being gone through. Should be good as new when she's done ;Sweet

owning a CC dually in Santa Clara like the guy in the pic, there prolly was some idiot who left a nastygram of the truck taking up too many spaces. their solution is no different than mime.......I'm trying to be considerate by parking out in the back 40 taking up a few spots, but if that upsets you(the note writer) let me introduce the ******* side of me :Dn scarey part is i can tell you where he's parked....in a shopping center off Homestead Av. cross of Kiley. right across the street from the main library.
Bingo!! I took that picture while sitting in the driver's seat of the bus I was driving that day...so, I was probably taking up 4 or 5 spots (parked perpendicular to the parking stalls). No one bugged me; OTOH I didn't leave the bus. BTW I had taken a wedding party to the church that's next to the main library...the parking lot there sucks, hence me moving over to the shopping center while waiting for them :D Seems that it would have been better for the truck to park at an angle (the truck just pulled straight in and was blocking almost half of the lane; I saw some drivers taking issue with that while I was waiting), but I saw the person driving that truck...can you say "Blondie"? :D

I actually find myself parking in the "back 40" even with my car. Minimizes the chances of someone parking next to me and banging their door into my car. Besides, I need the exercise :angel:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
On the subject of parking.
Why is it dually's turn sharper than single wheel trucks?

My 94 f350 turns just as tight as most front wheel drive cars I've driven.
My 79 chevy c30 also turned very sharp.
Never a problem whipping into parking spots.

My 88 f250 could barely make turns into some driveways.
My gf's f150 she had was okay, but still not comparable to my dually's.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the F-250 a 4x4?

If so, that's the difference...4x4's have a considerably wider turning radius than 2 wheel drive trucks.

swervyjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before I bought my pickup, I was looking for a cclb PSD. All the OBS F-250 crew cabs I found were short beds.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've not seen another '83-'86 F350 crew cab SRW 4x4 like mine in this part of the state. Not one. I have seen a few DRW 2x4 though. I daily drive my F250 and keep the crew cab in the safety of Dad's shop when not hauling the camper of hauling the dirt bikes down south for a riding trip. Lots of questions about my crew cab when I'm out and about in it though.

As far as crew cab in general being rare...... not that I can tell. If you ever come to a rally, you will swear that regular cab trucks are the rare breed. Most of the guys that come are sporting a crew cab. Nothing beats a crew cab for hauling the camper and the family all over the place.

Heath

diezelcrazee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep! Before 1997, you couldn't get an F-250 or F-350 with a 6' bed...you could only get a 6' short bed on an F-150. So, no IDI-powered truck left the factory with a short bed...they were all either long-beds or chassis-cabs...

In the 70's you could. I have had two 78 F250 CC shortbeds. 1 was a 4wd and the other a 2wd. Of course back then all you could get was gassers. Just sayin.

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Is the F-250 a 4x4?

If so, that's the difference...4x4's have a considerably wider turning radius than 2 wheel drive trucks.

oooof ain't that the truth! My 4x4 F350 I bought a while ago, doesn't turn worth a @#$% compared to my 2wd F150. Same wheelbase!

Vans are another thing... vans 2wd, have horrible turning radius's.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Is the F-250 a 4x4?

The 94 f350 and 88 f250 are 4X4.
The 79 c30 is 2wd.
The 94 turns equally as good as the 79.

Does the D60 turn better than say a ttb setup?

Oh also the 94 is a single cab, cab & chassis. 79 is sclb. 88 was eclb(Which I know the extra wheel base lengthens turning radius)

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's why you go to the end of the parking lot and park sideways or at an angle...you take up more spaces, but they're not desirable and at least you're not blocking the lane. I have plenty of experience with this :angel:

Or you can be like this idiot...

I take exception to that statement. But I do park where I'm nose to nose so I can pull in a little more, only take up a little of the other guys space. That's with my PSD CCLB 4X4 with the hitch on the back so people can bust there shin bones on it.:D

You must be registered for see images attach

Crew-cab short boxes didn't exist before 1997 with Ford trucks.

OK here is two words.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
ive had 2 CCLB trucks. both diesels. both SRW. one stick one auto. both brick nose.

heres a 97 f250 shortbed powerstroke. owner got it for $2000 but the suspension was shot.

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
The 94 f350 and 88 f250 are 4X4.
The 79 c30 is 2wd.
The 94 turns equally as good as the 79.

Does the D60 turn better than say a ttb setup?

Oh also the 94 is a single cab, cab & chassis. 79 is sclb. 88 was eclb(Which I know the extra wheel base lengthens turning radius)

I don't think so, the TTB in my 1990 F250 turns on a dime compared to this D60 F350 I have!

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I don't think so, the TTB in my 1990 F250 turns on a dime compared to this D60 F350 I have!
Strange. Is you F350 a dually though?

I think once I read someone saying some certain chevy duallys have better steering gear ratios than others. But that wouldn't affect turning radius.

Also the 88 F250 had LSD. So I wander if that can make much of a difference...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online