Rarity of crew cab short bed frames?

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I'e been wanting to get back into an idi and looking at a crew cab dually for townig, I have a complete f350 4x4 chassis, now I'm thinking of just building a chassis up and setting my short bed with dually flares on it, looking for a good 92-94 crew cab to drop on the front, this project creep is no good! If one was available within perhaps a days drive of Napa CA or Washington / Idaho I might want to see what I could do, there is a slight possibility of a trip to Denver too. So many bad ideas! Thanks.

It would wind up being a 4x4 but I could possibly work with a 2wd

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crew cab short beds were only produced in this style in I think 96 and 97. That's why they're so rare. I don't remember the specifics unfortunately but I'm pretty sure Wikipedia lists it.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I have a friend who bought a wrecked 97 F250 Ext. cab, long bed in 99. He changed it into a crew cab, short bed. It almost looks factory. The biggest difference is that the gap between the cab and bed is a couple of inches larger.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, your on the right track. That's the way i'd do it. Could cut your frame down to the length of one of the factory short beds but if you can buy a factory frame reasonable fairly close, I'd go that way.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
My welders and plasma cutter were among most of my tools to burn last October so bolt on is easier, but I'll need at least a new welder soon to build a goose neck trailer or two.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726