Random thoughts of no real IDI value

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanting to say whats on my mind...and I know that this is probably more suited to the lounge, but seeing as this is the forum everything occurred in I wanted to voice my opinion here.

I have been into building automobiles all of my life, and with that came the constant quest for more knowledge. Since the days of dialup I have been active (and left) more forums than I can count. All of the forums I have left, it has been because of a situation like what happened over the last two days, and as much as I valued the knowledge I could glean it was not worth the BS and rhetoric certain members would create.

I can honestly say that both the members and moderators on FTE and OB amazed me with their swift and decisive action. I don’t think I have ever seen anything of this nature dealt with so quickly and in such a way that it was not allowed to fester. It is truly an honor to be part of a group that can appreciate the, at times, extreme differences of opinion, without allowing the disrespect and defamation of character that was occurring.

To the active and involved members I say thank you for the knowledge you share and respect you display

To the moderators I say thanks for keeping these forums a place worth being…its not always an easy job, and you guys do it well

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the mods here have some really jacked up sleeping hours....therefore, when problems do flare up, they are dealt with quickly since someone is always lurking:D. besides, everyone here has the responsibility to let the mods know when something isn't right;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
We need a group hug...:D I must say I slipped on this issue. I really didn't see it coming. But its over and I will still help those that want it. This forum will continue to find the best and keep them. I will always try to be better than yesterday. Thats the way I feel. I thank the moderaters for swift action. I'm thankful to personally know a moderater that I call my friend... Its good to know someones got my back and I will watch others back. This is a family of members that love the same thing.. These trucks... Not the other issues like happened.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
which is why I chose to finally make an account on here instead of just reading the forums

hard to find a good group of people who aren't just interested in making their own life better, it's nice to know there are still people out there who are willing to help!

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Guess I completely missed it... that must mean the mods are doing a good job.;SweetLOL

Whatever IT was.

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Yep. Just read it. What an a$$hat, especially after all the great help Russ has given to all of us here.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Give no attention to this fellow and he will go away. I've seen this before and thru life.... As long as they have an audiance they have a platform where people listen.... Ignore it and it quitely goes away... Nobody listening.. No self gradification... Gone away....:D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats true Calvin... My comment was an in general way to avoid this kind of acter. If this kind of person can make you comment or sweat they win. Thats how I lost. I defended myself instead of just looking the other way. Still we are talking about this and not letting it die. I have no idea if the offender can still read whats going on here or not... I hope not. To attack Mel for all the hard work he has done is terrible. We should have seen that for what it was before getting on this person. Even Mel made a comment that was not really needed but I'm sure he felt hurt. Its a sour taste thats left after this is over. That too will die off in time... As for me... Russ and Mell.... We will be here helping those that want the help. Some johnny come lately with 70 posts is not a contributater to this site when all they do is stir up the members trying to get recoginition for who they are or want to be....cookoo

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score
I just spent about 30 mins reading both topics here and on FTE and all I can say is the nerve of some people....He started another thread on FTE complaining about why his thread about the moose pump was locked....now he's temp. banned from FTE.

nah nah nah nah..... nah nah nah nah... Hey hey hey... goooooooood byyyyye! :rotflmao

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
Give no attention to this fellow and he will go away. I've seen this before and thru life.... As long as they have an audiance they have a platform where people listen.... Ignore it and it quitely goes away... Nobody listening.. No self gradification... Gone away....:D

X2;Sweet
Ken

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online