Rally road conditions update

grog85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been following the Rally thread with great interest, wish I could make it, but still don't know. Anyway, I had to drive from Detroit to Bloomington Ill. yesterday,(tues.)and back, so I thought I'd pass along the road conditions. On 80-94 the last few miles going west thru Indiana, there is road construction, three lanes each way open. In Illinois, on I-80 west of 294, thet are repaving, but it looks like they should be done by the Rally weekend. Right now, there are dips before the bridges that might unsettle a camp trailer, but those , as mentioned, should be paved in time. Otherwise, I rolled thru there going west @ 8:30 am central time, and came back @8:30 pm central time, and traffic was rolling along @ 60 mph or so, no problems. (disclaimer here) So I hope everyone has good travels on their trip!

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
I have been following the Rally thread with great interest, wish I could make it, but still don't know. Anyway, I had to drive from Detroit to Bloomington Ill. yesterday,(tues.)and back, so I thought I'd pass along the road conditions. On 80-94 the last few miles going west thru Indiana, there is road construction, three lanes each way open. In Illinois, on I-80 west of 294, thet are repaving, but it looks like they should be done by the Rally weekend. Right now, there are dips before the bridges that might unsettle a camp trailer, but those , as mentioned, should be paved in time. Otherwise, I rolled thru there going west @ 8:30 am central time, and came back @8:30 pm central time, and traffic was rolling along @ 60 mph or so, no problems. (disclaimer here) So I hope everyone has good travels on their trip!

ahhh, novi. i had to spend some time there for work. is it true about how it got it's name? i have a friend from detroit that said they didn't have a name for it, just plot no. 6 or in roman numerals ---NOVI--. is he pulling my leg or what.

grog85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The story I heard is that Novi got its name because it was the 6th railroad stop on the way out of the NW side of Detroit. So yes, No.VI is Novi.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
thats cool, i always wondered if he was pulling my leg. oh and there are still spots available for the rally :sly, i think there might even be a convoy from michigan to boot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online