Rad line broke

jlwoods99

Reaction score
Shakedown run and I blew a upper radiator line got it fixed on the side of the road and added 5.5gallons of water. It started hard cranked 3or4 different times and it finally started. I drove 25 or so miles and it seemed ok. Today it almost started but won't. I've got 9.6 volts to the. Glow plugs/ controller side. We cleaned the banks filter as we sucked glycol in. It said water I. Fuel when it. Blew then went out. We tried starting with wd40. Any suggestions to get me home. I think it's ip related but don't know much about it or solonoids on it. 92 f350 2 whl dr banks turbo 7.3 diesel

jlwoods99

Reaction score
So I got it to fire putting a soaked rag with diesel in the intake. It blew white smoke, rad cap off some bubbles come up , step on accelerator and no bubbles. Somewhere i read what what white smoke meant. We did recharge the k&n filter as it was soaked. Any ideas still not sure it's gonna start . I did install new glow plugs and controller a few weeks ago.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you make it home?

How many miles on the engine? If you have bubbles in the coolant that sounds like it could be something internal. You might want to post this in the 6.9 7.3 IDI section you will get a few answers there.

jlwoods99

Reaction score
Ok, I did get the truck home. We found a leak on The steel line where it goes from the fuel selector valve. To repair it I had a5/16 fuel line we split down the length and took A narrow slice out since it was larger ID than the tube and put 4 clamps over it. It quit pumping air . I took it home and came back with my Dads truck. I've got some fuel lines to repair now .

Thanks all!
Jim