Racor fuel filters

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i am insane.
and hard headed to boot.

Isn't that Teflon tape on the "dirty" side of the fuel filter? I'd sure think a 10 micron filter would catch that schmeg...

Still not a good practice, but you gotta do what you gotta do

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you use something until you have an issue.
ive used this stuff for 20 years without issue.

the fittings ive used this stuff on, will never be taken apart.
its all AN. besides the top purge valve.

and im still scared to thread aluminum into aluminum.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
There is an aluminum anti seize available. If you have the money to spend try some Silver Goop but be warned. Its about 80 bucks an ounce... It sure works well on stainless to stainless.. I know this first hand. Way back in 86 when I was forced transferred. I changed out some 5/8 studs on a steam lance cleaning system about 150 ft up on some boilers. The really hard to reach studs were changed to stainless with nothing on them....:eek::eek::eek: I tightened them using a double wrench method and they gaulded together. They had to be air arced apart. Not a chance in hell a cutoff grinder or a power hack saw was getting into those tight places. That was my going away gift to those ********. Sad part was I had 10 years seniority at the time and it did no good. I was low man so I went down the road ending up a a much better location still doing my same job in the same company.. Yeah.. I really got screwed... Well thats what I told everyone.. No need to tell anyone I got a good job with much better working conditions. That way those ******** never tried to bump into my work location.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online