R&D IDI performance they still around?

Jjona5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. I just wanted to know if I should wait around or go ahead and put the engine in my 78. I want to make sure to the down pipe will clear everything before I make the engine mounts.

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Try his FB page, Im gonna try that next as I too havent heard back on the DP

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As he is a friend I msg him on FB for u guys....all I can say is he is up to elbows in a particularly intriguing project.

Hope he responds to you both.

bullfisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doing business with Justin is extremely difficult. He Is a super guy, just has too many irons in the fire I guess. I finally gave up trying to receive anything from R&D, and I only live 30min away from him.

Jjona5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I really wanted was an ats hotside and 3" downpipe but it turns out they are made from unicorn tears and I can't find one.So this is the only other reasonable option.

Jjona5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like a pretty good idea. My only issue might be cutting the flange at 5 degrees so perfectly. Guess maybe I could make two and get one for hs108

Ford F834

Reaction score
That looks like a pretty good idea. My only issue might be cutting the flange at 5 degrees so perfectly. Guess maybe I could make two and get one for hs108

In post #25 Justin says the 5* cut is not necessary...

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for ATS stuff, might give Russ a shout (aka typ4 on here). He has a lot of ATS stuff.

Ford F834

Reaction score
If you are looking for ATS stuff, might give Russ a shout (aka typ4 on here). He has a lot of ATS stuff.

Unfortunately he does not have any DP elbows, of any size... No more old stock left. He did still have y collector, up pipe and oil drain castings last time I checked with him.

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score

Thanks might just take ya up on the offer.

I was just planning on bringing mine to a local machine shop and having them weld it up for me. I've got a spare exhaust elbow so I won't have any down time on my truck, was just trying to throw some business to an IDI guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online