quick ?

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
if i can get it for really cheap would it be worth putting in there? Will my rotors hubs ect bolt too it?

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
i dont really have a lot of knowledge in axle talk. Im taking it the D44 is a smaller size axle than the D60 that everyone is putting in these trucks? Is the D44 strong enough for a diesel?

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont really have a lot of knowledge in axle talk. Im taking it the D44 is a smaller size axle than the D60 that everyone is putting in these trucks? Is the D44 strong enough for a diesel?

I'm not super-knowledgeable in axle-talk either, but I think it's safe to say it'll work for your application. If you've got a stock IDI and aren't planning on wheelin' the **** out of your truck it should hold up just fine.
The reason the Dana 60 is such a popular upgrade for trucks such as yours and mine is they are built really beefy stock. Also, there's enough available aftermarket support to build them to take some serious abuse.
I'm planning on swapping in a straight axle underneath the front of mine (sometime in the far-off future), and when I do, it'll be a D60.
IMO, if you're gonna spend the time and money, you might as well have the best (short of a Rockwell).

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
i think there is a member on here that swaped one in his idi. if you keep stock tires and dont get crazy off road i think youll be fine. i dont think your hubs and rotors will fit but im not positive.

starmilt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The D44 is what came stock in regular cab idis for several years, just in ttb form. The one in my 76 held the weight of the idi fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online