Quick glow plug question

Dualie

pyromaniac at large
Reaction score
I cant remember if your supposed to put anti seize on the glow plug threads or not. I have a professional grade conductive copper impregnated anti seize that I can use but I cant remember if it was a DO or a DO NOT. Any quick help would be appreciated.

same questions go for the injectors too. Any anti seize needed there?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
don-
the only reason why not is that the stuff will throw the torque readings a little. Other than that, I've been using the copper anti-sieze sparringly for years.

Dualie

pyromaniac at large
Reaction score
Thanks Calvin! ;Sweet

Should I be worried too much about torqueing the glow plugs? I looked in all my ford manuals for the 94IDI and could not find the torque spec.'s either.

I spent more damn time looking for my little piece of fuel hose to aid in installing the damn glow plugs than I did actually installing them.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my rule of thumb is snug and a touch more. check in the tech articles section, the torque values should be there.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
7 foot pounds is the glow plug torque spec I believe. Use all the anti-sieze you like. The point of conductivity is in the conical shaped part, so the likelyhood of messing up the electrical path is inconsequential to the possibility of twisting off a siezed glow plug.

mcbg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do you use the fuel hose to install the gp?

///???
Thanks
Thanks Calvin! ;Sweet

Should I be worried too much about torqueing the glow plugs? I looked in all my ford manuals for the 94IDI and could not find the torque spec.'s either.

I spent more damn time looking for my little piece of fuel hose to aid in installing the damn glow plugs than I did actually installing them.

Dualie

pyromaniac at large
Reaction score
You slip the hose over the end of the plug and use it as a guide/tool to start threading the glow plug in. much easier to just have to get a socket on them for the final tightening

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The fuel hose is used to guide the plug into the hole and start threading it in. Some of theplugs are deep under the hard lines and really tuff to reach. We dd this on the smal and big block chevy motors too. Keeps your fingers awayfrom hot exhaust manifolds. Its kindslike a flexible extension of your fingers...:sly