questions about Bean's stuff

cnomad172

li'l tugger inc.
Reaction score
has anyone used beans stage 1 and stage 2 injectors? it's time for me to upgrade, and i was wondering if the larger nozzles are worth the extra 700 bucks. i talked to one of their guys, and of course they said the bigger nozzles are worth it! also, has anyone seen their new dominator 66 turbo in action? i was thinking about just having my stock turbo modded and rebuilt. wahts the diff between the dominator and a stock turbo? thanks guys!

cnomad172

li'l tugger inc.
Reaction score
from PM cnomad172 said:
that simple huh? what do you think about the turbo? i want to upgrade, but cant decide on which turbo.. that dominator is at the top of my price range.

from PM 95_stroker said:
What are your plans or is your end goal with the truck? A 1/4 mile machine? A sled puller ? Or a daily driver that wont take a back seat to a good running D-max or Cummins?

I really think that unless you are planning on ******* 45 psi on boost everytime you leave a stop light that you will be fine with the stock turbo. I guess if I were you I would get the fuel delivered first, see if the stock turbo is good enough or not. After you have driven it a few thousand miles see if you want to go with a better hair dryer. Do you have an I/C currently or not?

from PM cnomad172 said:
i/cooler in the works. i really just want a hot little daily driver. definitely be able to beat a good d-max, cummins, 5.0, z28.. wait a minute.. anyway, i get miced reactions about turbo upgrades all the time, some say leave it stock, others say ditch the stocker for a turbo that works. i thought about rebuilding the stocker with a 1.0 housing for quicker spool, but the injectors might max out the smaller housing. just looking for a little experienced advice

from PM 95_stroker said:
I'm running the 1.15 ar with Stg I's from Bean. Its just a hair laggy on the bottom end but if I pin the throttle and hang on for dear life I can get 36-37 psi out of the stocker, I'm afraid if I went with the 1.0ar that I would be 35+ psi just on mild throttle stands. The biggest draw back with the stocker it it cant handle extended run time at 25 psi or over..... it will kill the thrust bushings and bearings. I am non I/C'd with my current set up, I havent dyno'd so I dont know where I am hp/tq. I do know that I can pull what ever I want and do it side by side with a 6.0 or a Cummins. Now I cant walk with a highly modified newer diesel but ****, those guys are damn near 350 hp off the showroom floor. Ive been real happy with the performance aspect of my truck since the upgrades.

I would recommend a HPO system and possibly a fuel system before the turbo, I think with Stg II's you'll find your HPO a little skinny, which may lead you to think you need a turbo, but if you keep that injection pressure up high enough you'll have better atomization upon the injection cycle, thus you'll get a better, cleaner, more complete burn.

JMHO.....

from PM cnomad172 said:
ok, i think that does it. i'll stick with the stock turbo, get the good injectors, and wait for something to break! maybe by then this will be a dedicated play truck and i can really get some hotstuff for it. thanks for all your help, this is all kinda fuzzy to me!

from PM 95_stroker said:
Cool beans............ dont be afraid to post these extended questions on the forum, that way you dont just get my biased opinions. There are alot of good guys here that love to lend thier experience to others.

from PM cnomad172 said:
there ya go!;Sweet

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Beans goodies are top notch and his customer service is unbeatable.

cnomad172

li'l tugger inc.
Reaction score
cool, that's what i've heard. thats why i am looking at his products instead of someone else's!

cnomad172

li'l tugger inc.
Reaction score
will do stroker! buck also said they could reprogram my ts chip for the new injectors. had a little prob with the chip the other day.. my dumb self, in a mad rush for more power, ran the switch cord between the e-brake and steel kick panel. after a few sets/unsets of the e-brake, i piched the cord and now the chip doesnt work! i tried cutting the bad wirind out and soldered them all back together, but now nothing works! i was told to try the chip without the switch to see if the chip is fried, but havent had a chance yet.

cnomad172

li'l tugger inc.
Reaction score
hey rich, how did you do your i/cooler setup? is it just a 99 cooler and piping? i've been looking at a few different ways. my original plan was for a universal cooler and piping, just buy the intake from banks. they have the "twin ram" which is one piece that will allow me to put a 99 system on my truck. i was thinking of using the twin ram with a universal kit off evil-bay, and some good ol' southern enginuity, but i would like to see someone elses before i start!

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i got my pipe kit from www.gts-motorsports.com .ive been reading about people haveing a hard time getting in touch with geoff and getting thier kits.i used a 6.0 cooler i got off ebay.click the "pictures"link in my signature and you can see some pictures of my install in one of the albums.not sure where people are getting thier pipeing and spiders now that GTS is haveing issues.but im sure somebody will chime in.i do know you can make the 99-up pipes work,you will need the spider from and early 99 so it will fit the turbo correctly,that goes for whether you use somebody elses setup or a ford spider.

cnomad172

li'l tugger inc.
Reaction score
yeah, i looked at your pics after i posted.. nice setup! is that 4" piping? i screwed up and already bought a universal i/cooler.. think it will work though. that twin ram intake is 200 from banks directly, plus 150-200 for some piping and extra fittings.. i should be able to do it for a reasonable price. did you notice any loss of boost or horsepower? mileage improvements?
You must be registered for see images attach

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the pipes are 3"i believe.i forget.i lost about 6PSI of boost wich is normal.i got a little bit of lag on the bottom end if i just stomp on the go pedal.but the stage 2s take care of most of that anyways.as far as mileage increases??couldnt tell you.for some reason this truck gets the same fuel mileage whether i beat on it or drive it easy.

cnomad172

li'l tugger inc.
Reaction score
YEAH HITECH, i've heard of people doing that, but unless i can find a cheap setup, i may be better off goin with the twin ram/universal setup. that is down the road though i think. need the injectors first!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance