pyro

90idi4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does the wiring get hooked up on the back of and old banks pyro guage. I have a red wire, a yellow wire and a bare wire and the back of the guage has a + terminal and a - terminal. I have been looking for an hour now and can't find nothing. Any help would be appreciated

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The yellow pyrometer lead wire is (+) and goes to the (+) terminal. The red pyrometer lead wire is (-) and goes to the (-) terminal. Don't cut the wire if you can help it. It can change the accuracey of the pyro if you do.

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There should be just two (the yellow and red) wires coming from the thermocouple.

Heath

90idi4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
K its got a red yellow and a bare copper wire. Ill Hook up the red n yellow n c how it works

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that a set of wires on the back of the used gauge or the wires on the thermocouple?

Heath

Last edited:

gandalf

Reaction score
I don't know whether it will help, but I'll give a brief comment. My pyro is an Isspro. It has a red, a yellow, and two black wires. The two black seem to be for the light for the gauge. The red and the yellow come from the sensor itself. Mine is mounted in such a way that I can't tell what the red and yellow are connected to. If absolutely necessary I can pull the whole gauge mount and look harder. On the other hand, it's an Isspro, so may not be the same anyway.

As Heath advised, don't cut those red and yellow wires. The gauge and sender are calibrated for the specific wire length.

Last edited:

90idi4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its the gauge I got with the kit. Its an early banks gauge. 1st gen sidewinder setup. From the probe in the pedestal is a yellow cable and inside is the yellow wire red wire and a bare copper wire. They are all the same size. I removed a foot of the wire because of where I mounted the guage in the pillar is this gona cause a big reading difference. This is the first I heard of wire length calibrations for the guage

90idi4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I removed the turbo system from the truck all I did was pulled the guage unhooked the wires from it and pulled the cable through the firewall. Probe is stuck in pedastal so I never removed it. Now I can't remember where the wires go to because its been close to 5 mths since I've gotten the system and the instructions from banks doesn't say.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the model number of the gauge. Isspro made the gauges for Banks then. Find the instructions for that model of pyro HERE.

Heath

90idi4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
K thanks I c what I can find. I gota order a new up pipe next wk and hopefully see how this thing turns out.

90idi4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think my probe is junk or the gauge I got no reading at all. How can I test to find out???