Pyro Probe

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So where is the popular place to put your pyro probe?? Just got a ISSPRO EV2 and gettin ready to put it in just wondering which manifold and where in that manifold to put it.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Most prefer the drivers side manifold, I put mine it the top of the manifold near the back, gives a nice straight shot to run the wires up and through the firewall.

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
Most prefer the drivers side manifold, I put mine it the top of the manifold near the back, gives a nice straight shot to run the wires up and through the firewall.

X2......... That's exactly where mine is located. Works well there and easy to install. ;Sweet

david_lee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when installing a probe in the manifold of a truck with a turbo, i would assume that ya'll took the crossover pipe loose to remove any shavings from drilling and tapping the hole, right?

i ask because i will be doing this soon as well and i am worried because i dont know how big a pain in the butt it will be to get those bolts loose to pull the pipe.

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
My buddy did his PDS from the bottom, so that the chips fall down. Right before he punched through, he put grease on the drill bit to collect anything that would end up on the inside. Worked great, but I don't think you can drill from the bottom on a IDI...

PZ

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
you would think that they would blow out the exhaust?

That is correct. It's only an issue when installing pre turbo on a turbo equipped engine. and if someone with a turbo doesn't want to risk the shavings, they can get a pyro calibrated for post turbo and install it after the compressor wheel and drill away with abandon and not have to worry about the shavings there either, but a lot of turbos come pre tapped for the things on the pressure side so it's not an issue.

dmaxjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My trucks don't have a turbo so I just drilled and tapped. When I do other trucks as well as my duramax I had in the past, I greased the bit and the tap. I also did it with the engine running so it would blow the chips out. I would highly recomend safety glasses when doing it with the engine running.

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so do you put the probe between cyls, directly in frt of one or does it matter?