pump adjustment

bigb9582

Reaction score
hey guys i got a 86 6.9. on the injection pump how do you adjust the vacum thing that is on the pump with 2 hoses on it. i noticed mine was missing a screw, so being a dummy i moved it a little before i put another screw in place, now the truck seems to shift alot sooner unless im really on the gas. 1st to second is almost instantly, 2nd to 3rd 20ish mph. i did try to put it back but just cant get it right went from shiftin to soon to revin more in gear and down shifting with a little pressure on the pedal.

plus righ below the vaccum thing is a lever with a allen head screw in it. i noticed when the trottle is opened the whole way the lever doesnt push the "button" in the whole way. but i can push the lever farther to push the "button" in. should i adjust the screw in farther? what is that lever for?

thanx for any help

Brutis

Work in Progress
Reaction score
It sounds like you have a C6 3 speed auto and what you have adjusted is the control for the shift points. I know on the electronic E4OD trannies it's called the FIPL sensor and there is a post on how to adjust it. I'm not sure what the procedure is on the C6, but I imagine it isn't to difficult to fix. Try searching past forums - there might be info. Otherwise hopefully someone else will chime it.