Pulling the Motor

Bean

Reaction score
You can leave all the front stuff but it has to come off at one point or another. You will have to pull the charger but you dont have to pull the pedistal or up pipes.

I have plenty of forged rods, cams, and blocks. Nothing built just core stuff that needs built. If you need something along those lines let me know I will work ya a good deal.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Ryan, nice to see you around these parts. Dont be a stranger.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
You can leave all the front stuff but it has to come off at one point or another. You will have to pull the charger but you dont have to pull the pedistal or up pipes.

I have plenty of forged rods, cams, and blocks. Nothing built just core stuff that needs built. If you need something along those lines let me know I will work ya a good deal.

I asked Dusty about that today & he said you didn't have anything. Maybe he meant built & ready to go. I need a short block at the least. What do you suggest? Forged rods are a must. How long would it take to get something together? I'd like to have mine pulled before the end of the week. Waiting on a hoist & stand. Hoist will be here tomorrow. I'll check back here or call tomorrow & ask for you. Hook me up man, I'm a supporting customerLOL .

Thanks.

Attachments

• june to sept.'06.jpg
    june to sept.'06.jpg
    607.1 KB · Views: 32

Bean

Reaction score
I could have you a short block built and ready by next weekend probly. It would all depend on how smooth things go in getting parts and if the machine shop can get it done that quick.

Bean

Reaction score
Hey Ryan, nice to see you around these parts. Dont be a stranger.

Theres too many dang forums now! Now since I have a cummins in the truck I not only have PSD forums I have the Dodge/Cummins forums I go to as well. Hard to spread the love. ;Sweet

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Almost ready to come out. The freakin tranny shop stripped a bell housing cover bolt & I can't get it out. The only thing left is disconnecting the tranny from the block, Fuel lines & the engine mounts. Can't get in the freakin tranny though. Might have to cut the ***** off & EZ out the threads-cuss. As if this wasn't bad enough!! I knew it was going too smooth for a first timer.

JLDickmon

Bo Duke
Reaction score
zip the head of it off with an air saw or a whizzer wheel and fuggetaboutit

and you're gonna have to support the tranny or it'll end up on the input shaft with a busted tail housing

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
It's out. It's bad. MANY thanks to PAFIXITMAN & TBIRDFIEND for the help, tools & Hangin out for a while. Here's pictures of what was in the oil pan & some other destruction. Injectors are ok though. Don't know about the heads yet. Some of the junk that came out of the pan looked like a smashed lifter. #2 connecting rod is gone & a push rod from the intake side of #1 is bent. I don't know enough about what I'm doing to know or tell whats good or bad yet.

Attachments

• june to sept.'06 021.jpg
    june to sept.'06 021.jpg
    576 KB · Views: 24
  • june to sept.'06 024.jpg
    june to sept.'06 024.jpg
    663.8 KB · Views: 66
  • june to sept.'06 028.jpg
    june to sept.'06 028.jpg
    690.6 KB · Views: 43
  • june to sept.'06 027.jpg
    june to sept.'06 027.jpg
    618.2 KB · Views: 31
  • june to sept.'06 018.jpg
    june to sept.'06 018.jpg
    695.2 KB · Views: 30
  • june to sept.'06 019.jpg
    june to sept.'06 019.jpg
    525.6 KB · Views: 18

pafixitman

Reaction score
;Sweet :thumbsup:
You are very welcome. Glad to have a small part in it!cookoo

Yea, something tells me all of those little parts should be part of a larger piece. LOL

I would like to find out where the needle bearings, ball bearing, small spring, slightly larger spring came from. :dunno The oil jet, lifter, piston skirt, wrist pin retainer are a bit more obvious.

BTW guys, that larger chunk is from the block!:eek:

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Oil pump.....:dunno

there are no needle brgs in the low press oil pump...

Think we know where that circlip came from :eek: and defenatly a shelled lifter and what looks like piston skirt and possible valve guide....not sure on the shavings :dunno

Would like to know what failed first.....

Damnit man....I feel your pain Scott cookoo

JLDickmon

Bo Duke
Reaction score
It's out. It's bad. MANY thanks to PAFIXITMAN & TBIRDFIEND for the help, tools & Hangin out for a while. Here's pictures of what was in the oil pan & some other destruction. Injectors are ok though. Don't know about the heads yet. Some of the junk that came out of the pan looked like a smashed lifter. #2 connecting rod is gone & a push rod from the intake side of #1 is bent. I don't know enough about what I'm doing to know or tell whats good or bad yet.

the #1 head is gonna be garbage, too.

I'd have to say the lifter exploded and propped open the intake valve, piston dyno'ed it and started the chain reaction carnage from there.

It's what Big Jim and Billy Sol would call "blowed up real good!" (bonus points if you get the reference)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll second that notion. The problem started up top. Which probably means chipping it didn't have anything to do with blowing it up.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I have a Dr. appointment this afternoon but plan to start removing the heads later today. This is unfamiliar ground to me. So you guys think the problem started in the head? That would mean I need at least 1 head? How could I not have a hammered injector?

Attachments

• june to sept.'06 022.jpg
    june to sept.'06 022.jpg
    610.6 KB · Views: 30

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on the push rod there has to be some unhappy parts up top. I'm not going to say the head is trash, but it will need to be looked over real good. Be sure to untorque following the normal sequence, and do it in small increments.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online