Pulled a 1987 out of a hole

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I need to get my glow plugs all up to spec for the cooler days so I was thinking of buying this

And what is the part number for the glow plugs to use with that kit? I think that’s all I need to spiff things up for winter as everything seems to work currently it’s just the wiring to the plugs is disintegrating.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I have one of those l received when I bought my turbo kit that I didn't use, you're welcome to have it for cost of shipping. Pm me

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one of those l received when I bought my turbo kit that I didn't use, you're welcome to have it for cost of shipping. Pm me
That sounds good! But I noticed they list a turbo and a non turbo harness wouldn’t the one you have be a turbo harness? I need the non turbo one.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I couldn't quite figure out how it was supposed to be routed, I think I may have gotten a non-turbo harness, because having the relay relocated it didn't quite reach. So I put it back in the stock position, and the terminals looked like they'd fit, but I just ran the oem harness.

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't quite figure out how it was supposed to be routed, I think I may have gotten a non-turbo harness, because having the relay relocated it didn't quite reach. So I put it back in the stock position, and the terminals looked like they'd fit, but I just ran the oem harness.
I really appreciate you offering to send me one but it looks like my wife actually already ordered the new non turbo one from CDD!

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Non turbo cdd harness reaches the passenger no problem. Driver side I think it may only work with hydroboost because I had to run it under the hydroboost unit to reach and if it had a vacuum booster it might not.

I’m using a non turbo cdd harness with an ATS093 turbo kit

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I really appreciate you offering to send me one but it looks like my wife actually already ordered the new non turbo one from CDD!
Small victories, that's how I ended up with my turbo kit, wide surprised me.

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed 4 new Rancho shocks and it made a huge difference!! All the old ones were to the point where you squish them in and they just never ever come back out. It fixed a lot of my suspension related problems and weird noises……….. now if only my leaf springs were all up to spec.
You must be registered for see images attach

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did some aesthetic things and installed the new horn today, it is LOUD.

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the new onboard compressor airborn. I found a random scrap suspension bracket that had a right ish sized bolt holes and used a chunk of that for mounting bracket.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the new onboard compressor airborn. I found a random scrap suspension bracket that had a right ish sized bolt holes and used a chunk of that for mounting bracket.
Ooooooo.....ahhhhhhh.....nice......a few more productive days like that and she'll be ready for the show circuit! Looks great, dude!

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Got a link to that horn getup? My samurai needs one. And possibly my truck.
Also what the heck happened to your old tail lights? Looks like it was near a fire.