PSD Turbo Questions

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
you'll have to fabricate, the psd turbo comes up on the opposite side as idis do (idi on passenger side, ps on driver's side). so you'll have to redo the plumbing to the turbo and after it, and make your own pedestal and oil feed line. good luck!

i would think you'd be better off trading it for an idi setup. would be unique for sure, but i dont know that youd see a whole lot of a performance increase over a factory idi turbo.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Putting a PSD turbo on is always a fab up job. Several have done it, but there is no standard defined "best way" that I have seen. For my time and money I'd rather start with an IDI turbo that needs help.

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah - screw it, I'd rather do it with factory parts in a factory configuration and retain the reliability this truck has proven to me.

Mel - I jumped on board and bought new injectors, plugs and an injection pump from the UHaul site. Do you offer anything for the N/A guys when it comes to pump modifications? I'd like to run a much larger dual exhaust and turn up the pump, I know there is power hiding in the factory setup.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
kyle

honestly find yourself a used turbo for one of these motors and bolt it on. I tried turning the pump up n/a and it didn't help much and i was running a true dual 2.5in exhaust from my gas motor. Slapped the turbo on and ran out of fuel. Now its got a turbo pump on it and she's baaaaad. Hands down the best mod i have done to this truck. So save the money you were gonna invest in the exhaust and slap a turbo on!

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kyle
Now its got a turbo pump on it and she's baaaaad. Hands down the best mod i have done to this truck. So save the money you were gonna invest in the exhaust and slap a turbo on!

X2

I just had my turbo installed less than two weeks ago. I've learned that when you install a new IP you'd better get it timed. Otherwise, you'll blow black smoke everwhere and have EGT problems... ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Seriously i think anyone that doesnt have a turbo on one of these is missing out. My truck used to be a DOG with 3.55's and 35in tires. Finally swapped in the 4.10 rear and popped my front driveshaft in. I'm easily quicker than my buddy's early stock 99 stupid dooty and i get better mileage on waste oil to boot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svttim

Members online