Psd and IDI bellhousing bolt patterns

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I can't remember for sure...does the first-gen PSD have the same bellhousing bolt pattern as our IDI's? I'm thinking they do, but my memory is failing me...

I found a tranny (well, most of the parts to make one ;)) on eBay, and the front case is from a '97 F-350...

Thanks!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bolt up it will. but check your input shaft lengths. remember darksiders don't have that mixed blessing adaptor plate like we do.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Originally posted by towcat
bolt up it will. but check your input shaft lengths. remember darksiders don't have that mixed blessing adaptor plate like we do.

Might wanna do a little checking there TC:sorry: but my '96 has one........how else would the starter bolt up?

I found a tranny (well, most of the parts to make one ) on eBay, and the front case is from a '97 F-350...

:confused: Tim, the ZF bellhousing in integral to the gearcase.........1 piece.

aaklingler

Reaction score
I know what tranny your talking about and i wouldn't try to use that tranny, the case needs welded if your lucky, i probably a good deal of the internals are in bad shape since it was run out of oil, theres a reason that its $30.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
aaklinger, methinks you're right...this is the "tranny" I was talking about, and after talking with the seller, I came to the same conclusion that you did...not worth the trouble.

George, I know that the bellhousing's one piece...when I said "front case", I was referring to the bellhousing and front part of the tranny. Take a look at the auction; the tranny's in pieces and you can get an idea of what I meant. Sorry for the confusion :Q

Calvin, good point, but it looks like it's a moot point now... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online