Problems

TYEDYEFLASH

TYEDYEFLASH
Reaction score
Joined the site looking for answers. I've had the truck 1987F250 6.9 4x4 manual 4spd for almost 2 years now it's gotten loads of new things but the guy before has done loads of crazy things with the wiring. There is no fuel selector valve and the rear tank was only hooked up to the filler cap and when it rained it leaked old diesel all over so I took it off so it's got one tank and and the wiring directly to that I'm just wondering how I can wire the fuel gauge to work

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Someone will have the answer for you I'm sure!

blue rally

Reaction score
is there a fuel selector switch? this is were you will get the info from your fuel tanks. on a single tank truck they just used a " jumper" instead of a switch. this jumper initiated the fuel pump relay as well as the fuel sending unit.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hit the stickies and tech sec.
Search fsv and fuel tanks.
There are threads already posted to help ya.

Fwiw
Imho,,,,P.O.'s Should never be allowed near wiring!

TYEDYEFLASH

TYEDYEFLASH
Reaction score
Yes the switch is still intact but the valve was removed by the previous owner. The front tank is the one being used I'm just trying to figure out which wires to splice to make the fuel gauge work. I fully removed the rear tank altogether because it would leak every time it rained and the old watered down diesel was melting my driveway.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the connector for the FSV is still there, just jumper 3 to 4. Don't know what the wire colors are.

Attachments

• Fuel_ selector_wireing.jpg
    Fuel_ selector_wireing.jpg
    511.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Fuel_ selector_wireing (2).jpg
    Fuel_ selector_wireing (2).jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 14

TYEDYEFLASH

TYEDYEFLASH
Reaction score
Ok! that's what I was considering doing yesterday but it was pouring down rain and I wasn't exactly sure if that would work or which wires to join still not sure exactly which wires are 3 and 4 because my plug has six holes in it with only 5 wires I'm just not sure which end 1 is at. I'll take a whack at it tonight and post pics if it does work

TYEDYEFLASH

TYEDYEFLASH
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Well something else is wrong with it I got a reaction
You must be registered for see images attach
by hooking up the blue to yellow wire with a white stripe but even though I checked it filled the tank and checked again both times it read empty but usually it reads full and did so with all the other wires connected. Must be either at the in truck switch or the float itself unless somebody has another solution. images show my plug but I did the testing with actual wires on my truck before someone thinks I'm that dumb haha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat