Probably Going to Regret This....

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
I just passed up buying a 1985 24' Born Free Class C with a 6.9/C6, ATS Turbo, 89K documented.... Wife says it's not the right time for us to buy a motor home and while I agree, I still think I should have just bought it anyway. It's the first one I've ever seen and more than likely the last.... :(

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mmm. I like it alot! If I had the money it would come home with me. The turbos probley 085 kit.

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
It was the older ATS kit. I went and looked at it. Loved it. Wanted to buy it. Now some dude from Cali is driving up to buy it sight unseen... Mel?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Mel is from my neck of the woods in PA, not anywhere close to Cali. LOL looks like a nice ride

sassyrel

Reaction score
man oh man,,turboed,,and always shedded..hard to find like that!!!!!!!!! not even broke in yet...can you say,,veggie,or waste oil???? :D:D

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
YES YES YESYou sure did pass up a GOOD buy. With that fiberglass body, no leaks on the roof. I'da bought it in a New York minute, that's 2 seconds in case you don't know.

Those Diesel's are far and few between.

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
OK, after having regretted not buying the last class C, the Gods have been merciful (or maybe they've just got a sick sense of humor...) and have graced me with finding a 93 Born Free 24' Class C with....yep, a what I believe to be Factory Turbo 7.3/E4OD with 74K original! This one is a bunkhouse model and has a functional cowl induction hood. Once again, I am in love....

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/rvd/3201140052.html

Nobody buy this for a couple days, because I think I might just buy it. It's too damn awesome and it drives very well and it's extremely clean. It is twice as much though.....

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
Why does it say 10 cylinder?

Just a typo on the main description. That was my first question too, but I can assure you guys it is a 7.3 TD. Just not sure if it's a factory turbo or aftermarket. It's right there at the edge of when they started putting factory turbos in.

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
Drove home last night with the 93 Born Free! Just cracked 75K and drove like a dream. It's smooth and has plenty of power and best of all, it fits in my gravel parking next to the house. lol! I'll take tsome pics this afternoon and put 'em up. I do believe it was worth the 10K I paid for it. You sure can hear the air sucking through that cowl hood when you put some throttle into it! Front end seems to be in good shape as it tracks down the road straight with almost no wandering at all. Today I start making it my own. Finally! 2 IDI's in the family now! Just need to find out if it is truly a factory turbo IDI or aftermarket. Maybe someone can tell me later when I put some pictures up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Staff online