Price? Partial CUCV blazer, 6.2 engine

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I'm looking at, or will look at soon, a CUCV with some parts removed, axles, possibly a bit more. I need the engine and the TH400 for a project, keep a few other parts and sell the rest ;Sweet but what I want to know is fair price.

Here is what I know, registered miles are low, 15,000, but I'm not sure I'd trust that number LOL runs, and that's about it! The curent owner pirated the axles and wants $500 for the engine, or $700 for everything, how does that sound?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
both prices aren't bad. but ONLY if you can hear it run. key is to listen for really strange noises, check for blowby and check to see if the upper radiator hose pressurizes soon after you start it up. these motors don't take kindly whatsoever to overheating.

jp0863

Reaction score
i think $500 is fair for the motor, but an extra 200 for the tranny is too much. the mileage is probably incorrect. most cucv's have about 50K miles or around there before the get retired out. if it's 15k miles, more likely 115000. although thats a little high for most cucv's it is much more probable that it has 115,000 than 15,000. i have bought and sold many of these either m1008/m1009's. never seen one that low that wasn't wrecked and totalled out. if you're interested in a drive down near fresno, i have a 6.2 that had 47k miles on it and i'll throw in the tranny for $500. it's complete with accesories, but no starter (keepin that for a spare). it ran when it was pulled last year, but i didn't drive it far (maybe a hundred ft) since i really only wanted the axles. came from an 86 m1008. e-mail me and i'll send you a pic [email protected]