price on a 94

gwhammy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a 94 2500 4wd. 5sp. reg. cab. Miles are about 135000, body is fairly good just a few dents and the transfer case is making some clicking noises. Truck has been stock all it's life and the motor is real clean, 5sp. shifts good. Is something like this worth 5000 to 6000?

Got Juice?

Stack Daddy
Reaction score
Originally posted by gwhammy
Found a 94 2500 4wd. 5sp. reg. cab. Miles are about 135000, body is fairly good just a few dents and the transfer case is making some clicking noises. Truck has been stock all it's life and the motor is real clean, 5sp. shifts good. Is something like this worth 5000 to 6000?

135,000 miles and the transfer case is clicking? if it is the HD241 there is no way in hell it has only 135 on it unless it has been driven in 4lo for for half its life.
I would check the maintainance records for it, get a carfax report etc etc.... rule #1 if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

A rig like that should fly out the door for 8-10K...something smells funnny.

Just my .02

gwhammy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Came off a farm, 30000 to some of these farmers is like half million to normal folks. Saw them where the dealer offered them 1000 to just keep them and the truck was only 8 to 10 years old. Gonna look this truck over better but it sure is clean and I know it was stock cause we ground a plate for it. Tranfercase clicks and pops in four wheel drive.

Got Juice?

Stack Daddy
Reaction score
Originally posted by gwhammy
Came off a farm, 30000 to some of these farmers is like half million to normal folks. Saw them where the dealer offered them 1000 to just keep them and the truck was only 8 to 10 years old. Gonna look this truck over better but it sure is clean and I know it was stock cause we ground a plate for it. Tranfercase clicks and pops in four wheel drive.

yeah, after looking at my dads 2001 cummins on the farm i can believe it.
5-6k would be about right then.

wayfarnorth

Reaction score
My t-case was clinking and banging last yr. Turned out that the wear pads on the shift forks were toast and the gearing inside wouldn't engage right. Had to replace the shift fork, and I ended up replacing all the bearings and seals to, just because I was in there. I didn't spend more than $300 for it all and it took about 6 hrs to overhaul it by the time I had all the parts. One note though, those 6 nuts with pressed on washers that hold the t-case to the tranny....chrylser wants $19 a piece....&^$% theives!!!!!