Powerstroke swap has begun

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I finally tore into my 92 F350 4x4 dually today, I managed to get the gas rad support and old IDI out in good time. Lots of detail work to be done before I can even think about installing the new PSD. I can't wait to see her running again with PSD power.:sly

You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    714.5 KB · Views: 114

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Working on the dash removal for the harness swap now. I also have to mod the brake pedal pin for the hydroboost...I tried to replace the 92 A/C evaporator core with the one from the 95 donor but the 95 core was bigger....So I ordered a new one from rock auto this morning.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
The new engine is in, EBPV has been removed and a 1998 3" van down-pipe is in place. Hooking it all up now, should be putting the "new to me" Arizona rust free rad support in tonight. Hope to make smoke by the weekend. I hooked up the hydroboost last night so as soon as it's running everything on the brakes will be replaced too....Calipers, drums, rotors, wheel cylinders - the works. I'm thinking some time next week for a road test but there is still a fair bit of work to do before I get to that point.:sly

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I used some old SS cube van fuel lines and got them geared up last night. Not too far from attempting to start it, just waiting on a new reservoir to lower rad hose to come in at the parts store.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I had it out for the first test drive last night - noticeable different in power for sure. I used to have to drop to 4th gear at 100km/hr and let it scream over the hills...Sounded like a 2 stroke Detroit.......Now I can leave it in 5th and just push down on the pedal to climb the hill with authority. I deleted the EBPV and installed a 3" van down pipe - I was really surprised at how audible the turbo whistle was compared to my old 97 F450 with the stock DP. I have to massage the firewall some more as the DP is rubbing and making the engine "thump" in the cab......But other than that there was no leaks and no troubles at all so I was happy.

I started the swap on Oct 20th, I've been working every night for 2-3hrs to get it running again. I still have some gauges and other stuff to finish but at least it's mobile again in case it snows....The brakes are awesome, my old rotors were down right scary and now with new everything being squeezed by the hydroboost I'm not worried about stopping. I think a 40-50HP tuner/chip would be ideal for what I want.