Powerstroke Pistons?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
no. the turbo idi is still the same cr as the na engine is, 21 1/2 to 1. only one year of the 6.9 was differant being 20.1 to 1 cr i believe.

Smokininmo

Reaction score
Mbn2 claims to have shaved his .80 with no adverse effects...........but i have no personal experience........i would shave the pistons you have and ceramic coat them but thats just me.

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Pre cup in my Turbo heads with a injector and glow plug installed is 20cc volume. The volume of the piston top depressions is about 8cc. Now you need the cc's of the hole inside on a psd piston. In a IDI when you add a cc of volume you drop compression about .47 compression...

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pre cup in my Turbo heads with a injector and glow plug installed is 20cc volume. The volume of the piston top depressions is about 8cc. Now you need the cc's of the hole inside on a psd piston. In a IDI when you add a cc of volume you drop compression about .47 compression...
Good, now all we need is a Vetrinarian syringe and a PS piston to feed liquid into to determine it's CC approximately that is...and compare pin heights and we are golden.

Anyone got a PS piston and IDI piston? LOL

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
After figuring out how to use T444E pistons in a IDI block there will be another hurdle. You will need to redesign the head. The only way this will work is by centering the injector over the bowl.

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if it would have enough compression to even run you could notch the piston edge to work as a deflector to get the fuel/jet from the pre-combustion chamber to deflect into the center depression on the top of the piston. It will take looking at the piston and comparing the location of the defector on the IDI piston top to the PSD piston top and see where its edge is for the new notch.....