Powerstroke Intercooler on Craigslist

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been watching that ad for a while now and also the ad he posted before the current ad. One of 2 things is happenning, either he is firm on price or it has some sort of damage.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Or there aren't many of us that need one here? Maybe shipping is the deal breaker? Dunno, I'm going to have to find a smaller one to fit mine. Where are you at, Reno?

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
by the boys n girls club
I'm so close to hell that I can see Sparks

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doug, how about a modified intercooler from a lancer evolution III. The stocker is to small only flows around 450cfm but the aftermarket ones get close to or over 800CFM pricey though.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
How many cfm do we need? I can get as wide as the powerstroke (about 38") but the height can only be about 16", and 2" thick or so. I may have to live without one for a while.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I've been scouring the 'Net for a 93ICK ATS IC kit for my 84' 6.9 for months now. I've just about given up. Are there any other kits out there that would fit my 093 ATS?

I'm not a particularly gifted wire welder so I'm looking for something that is going to be simple.

Any ideas?

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GenLightning I've been thinking about your clearance issues for a decent intercooler install. You could take a powerstroke intercooler and mod it to fit your 16" needs but that WILL cut down your cfm needs by too much. Now I think you can use more of the intercooler by cutting the bottom of the core support and reiforcing the support in such a way to allow clearance. If it hangs a bit out at the bottom just modify the valance for clearance and maybe as an air scoop to increase cooling efficiency. But this depends on how much work you'd like to do.

mankypro I'm not either but maybe increasing your feed will help your welding. That's what I found out earlier this year. When welding tubing you tack with a few spot welds first then when you're doing your actual welds ' grind n fill ' takes care of the rest

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
There's also a center support for the upper radiator/grille support that's in the way. I can probably modify things to get something in there (not like I haven't done enough already!). Plus I'm not looking for all out power, just some help to keep things cooler. I'm going to have to keep looking at it till I can see what I want.

Last edited: