Powerstroke Injectors

stumiister

Diesel Truck Tech
Reaction score
I have succesfully removed all 8 injectors in about 3 hours time, which isnt bad but this job reminds me why I dont work on light trucks or cars, The big boys give you more room and evrything is just soo much easier to deal with, now getting it all back together will be another story.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Its a 2000 psd in a F350 truck. Its a company rig and the shop that was going to replace all 8 injectors was going to charge the fee of $4000.00....:eek: For rebuilt injectors.... Wow. Is what I have to say about that. I did some checking and about all thats readily available any longer is just the rebuilts although I did find a sourse for new ones in Torrance Ca... The price was way up there too. More than the $4000.00 which includes labor.... Sure glad I drive an idi...:sly;p

stumiister

Diesel Truck Tech
Reaction score
Yea the shop wanted $4000 to r&r the injectors that included parts and labor. So I just had that shop do the diagnostic work, I am doing the r&r work.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those injectors on that engine is cake work. and having worked on big trucks and heavy equipment id rather work on the "light trucks and cars"

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
Yea ive got a set of good stock injectors for a PS for $700 sitting on my shelf.:dunno

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I had my 8 injectors rebuilt for $650. That shop is looking to give you a good screwing for 500-1000 in parts and 4-5 hours labor

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
the shop was probably charging by the book which probably told them to remove the body either way its a rip off. Our local diesel performance shop will r&r with new splits for around $2400 including all diagnostics to be sure you need injectors

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
the shop was probably charging by the book which probably told them to remove the body either way its a rip off. Our local diesel performance shop will r&r with new splits for around $2400 including all diagnostics to be sure you need injectors

I didn't think they had to remove the cabs until the 6.0L came out... :dunno

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
that back valve cover bolt is a ***** aint it! or at least it is on an obs. just pulled the ones in my parts truck and after fighting with it, i took a hammer and knocked the black box on the firewall off LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online