power stroke exhaust on idi

deadeyeb

Reaction score
How hard is it to put the 4 inch power stroke exhaust on a idi motor. I am thinking of getting the ats upgrade and put the 4 inch exhaust on from magna flow.

pafixitman

Reaction score
I have the Banks Dynomax exhaust and the ATS downpipe. Last Saturday I installed a PS (Superduty) 3.5" tailpipe. They are not a perfect fit over the axle. I thought I had requested one for the old body style, but they sent me a 1999+ tail pipe.

metrojd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Powerstroke exhaust

I have a 3.5" powerstroke exhaust off a 2004 on my 93.
The PS hangers were different I cut them off and welded the IDI pins on.
Works good for me.;Sweet
John

metrojd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nick,
That is true, mine isnt exact but works and dosnt rattle.
It took some figuring before welding the hangers.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I used a '99 SD 4" tailpipe on my wife's truck and 4' straight pipe for the rest of it. Mine cleared the axle fine as long as you rotate it correctly before tightening or welding. The only thing is it does come out at a 45 towards the rear bumper instead of turnout right behind the tire. I added an 18" chrome extension and it looks pretty nice.

Tom

Last edited:

pafixitman

Reaction score
I used a '99 SD 4" tailpipe on my wife's truck and 4' straight pipe for the rest of it. Mine cleared the axle fine as long as you rotate it correctly before tightening or welding. The only thing is it does come out at a 45 towards the rear bumper instead of turnout right behind the tire. I added an 18" chrome extension and it looks pretty nice.

Tom

Tom

Ah, might explain my issues. Mine came in 3 pieces. I have it coming out behind the rear tire same as it was. No issues with rubbing though.

dualexhaust

Reaction score
I used Flo-Pro's 4" system meant for a 94' power stroke. It worked fine except for some minor mods to connect up to the Banks downpipe for the factory turbo at the front end.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online