Power door lock actuator, remove n replace help

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Im gunna attempt to replace my broken drivers power door lock actuator on my 93 F150, has anyone done this before? Mods please leave this here as it pertains to a vast majority of the IDI trucks. Any tips, tricks or advice? Its only been non-working for at least 6 years...LOL

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im in the same boat as you, getting ready to replace the passenger side, hopefully someone who has done it chimes in. Looks cramped in there!@

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
The actuator is easy....grind off the rivet on the bottom outside of the door and pop the arm off the latch mechanism. Thats it...the hard part is putting the new one in cause now you got to bolt it in. I used a 1/4-20x3/4 bolt from the inside out with a lockwasher and nut.

Hope you got small arms lol

topgunn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced two on my C.C.. I epoxed a 3/4" bolt to the accuator and put nut on outside. Do not tighten nut until trying the lock first as the unit needs to align itself first, then tighten the nut. The short bolt is a little tricky to install, just takes going slow.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
If you use a nut and bolt make sure its not gonna hit the door jamb... I watched one guy do that and shut his door... LOL.

topgunn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My goof. I forgot the 1/4" X 3/4". And the nut does NOT hit the jamb- if you look, there is still about a quarter inch of clearance.