Possibly buyin a new truck

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Well I found a 93-94 extended cab 4wd turbo 7.3 idi for a steal if the motor runs good.its got an auto though and it’s out.how much does one usually cost to get rebuilt.id like to have it built up alittle bit cause if I get it imma put my moose junior on and it’ll spend most of its life haulin stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
You may call around to different transmission shops and ask. You could also look into buying a reman transmission. It's all in what you want to do. I can tell you that either way, it's not cheap. You'll save quite a bit of money if you can remove and install it yourself.

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '93 non-turbo 7.3 IDI and am looking for the factory turbo setup to put on it... did you already buy the truck? if you're not going to repair it, let me know ;) thanks.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
I have a '93 non-turbo 7.3 IDI and am looking for the factory turbo setup to put on it... did you already buy the truck? if you're not going to repair it, let me know ;) thanks.
Nope dude sold it before I got off work today.i wasn’t to happy about that but it’s whatever lol

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well that sucks... Hope it got a good new home.. Had you purchased it the trans weighs around 300 lbs. Trying to remove and install it yourself requires a trans lift and getting the lowest edge of the truck at least 29 inches off the ground. The engine MUST be supported too or it bends down into the firewall. Not good. I installed my BTS E4OD myself ALONE... It was a hell of a one man job too. After that I talked with Brian at BTS asking them how they install theirs. To great surprise he said they jack up the rear of the trucks and move them in and out from the back. At that time they did not have a lift. they laid on their backs doing this work...REALLY NOT FUN WORK...

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Well that sucks... Hope it got a good new home.. Had you purchased it the trans weighs around 300 lbs. Trying to remove and install it yourself requires a trans lift and getting the lowest edge of the truck at least 29 inches off the ground. The engine MUST be supported too or it bends down into the firewall. Not good. I installed my BTS E4OD myself ALONE... It was a hell of a one man job too. After that I talked with Brian at BTS asking them how they install theirs. To great surprise he said they jack up the rear of the trucks and move them in and out from the back. At that time they did not have a lift. they laid on their backs doing this work...REALLY NOT FUN WORK...
Well I may be able to buy it after all. Dude ended up sellin it an I can’t get it 100 bucks cheaper but removing the trans ain’t nothin I’ve got a car lift at the shop we use so that’s a piece of cake

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online