Possible Second PSD Pickup?

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I currently have a 95 F250 PSD 4wd 5spd super cab that is in pretty good shape and my daily driver. Overall I've been pretty happy with the truck (I did get get it for a steal). The only issues with the truck have been what I would expect from a 21 year old truck with 289k miles that sat for a few years.
I love the OBS body style but the lack of clear access to the rear of the cab is functionally limiting. I'm also not just too happy with the D50 front end.
Anyways, I've run across a 97 F-350 SRW 7.3L PSD 4wd auto 4 door that has a bit of rough rough body damage but nothing too major and a bad transmission, they say. Supposedly the engine is strong (250k) and I've inquired about the axles and the rest of the driveline.
I've convinced myself that I really would like to have an F350 SWR 4 door because of the much improved use of the rear, solid front axle, and increased ability without the impracticality of dual wheels.
The asking price is currently $1500 but I in no way have the cash (alas), but they said trades would be considered. I'm thinking if moving heaven and earth to come up with a qualifying trade.
What do you guys think? Lol

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
So what's the question? Lol
I'm in a regular cab, so I hear you on the space.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, I thought of that after.
The question would actually be on the amount of work out would take to make my dream setup out of these two trucks.
Assuming, for instance, the F350 is fine aside from some body damage and bad automatic transmission, is there more work to moving my transmission 5 speed over, pedals, and driveshaft altering? Would it be possible to find the driveshaft off of an F350 4 door 4wd and just plug that in? Or is there more that I'm missing?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alternatively, could I drop the 4 door cab on my frame and swap the axles? Not too worried about ending up with a shorter bed in that scenario.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Ah, yeah you can swap your trans and tcase into it.
You could probably find the right driveshafts, but since not as many of those were made, might be easier to modify yours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

fields_mj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, but what are you going to be driving while you have both trucks torn apart trying to make 1 good one? No way I'd essentially scrap my only running truck in HOPES of getting a better truck running.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online