Popped a cap

BP6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
happened on my first idi, ended up taking the head off (beats other option of pushing it into the motor and letting it tear up the bore and piston)

Darryl97420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled the nozzle out with the rest of the injector. Where do you see a tip and a tip of what? I can run a screw driver down into the hole for the nozzle. The old injector came out of that hole in pieces mind you but it did come out.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have all of the pieces then you are fine. If all you have is what you showed us then the nozzle is stuck in the hole and can be removed as I instructed earlier, no head removal necessary. If the nozzle fell through the hole then the only way out is pulling the head and precup.

Darryl97420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well friends, I was curious to see if the new injector would fit into another cylinder so I pulled the #6 injector and the new injector fit just fine. So I attempted to see if the injector from #6 would fit into #8 and it did. Put everything back together and it started just fine. Will be curious how it runs on my 150 mile trek back home.

Considering that I did not have the proper tools to facilitate this "road side" repair once I get home I will pull the injectors and use anti-seize and then properly torque everything as needed.

Thank you everyone for your contribution to this thread.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
OK, here are some pics of what i'm working with. Does anyone see anything out of the ordinary?

The pics are smaller than I was thinking they would be. Maybe I should go out and take them again.

that looks NOTHING like th einjector bore I was screwing around with last night..

OK OK....I'll be good now...:rotflmao

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear, it was probably just gunk buildup blocking you before. Good luck!