POLL, Your opinion needed!

How does the spoiler look?

• Dude, that is SWEET!

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Looks pretty good

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Doesn't do anything for me

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • AAHHH! MY EYES!,...MY EYES!..TAKE IT OFF!! TAKE IT OFF!

Votes: 36 58.1%

• Total voters

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Flame Suit ON!..

Ok Here is the deal, Everything that I am doing on my truck for the makeover has been planned for a year or so, now that the plan is coming together, I thought of one last piece.

About 3AM I thought of the Lund Racerback that came off the truck that I got the flares off of. I was not planning on installing it on my truck, just really don't like the look, but then I thought,...What about cultting it up and having a rear spoiler on the rear of the cab? I have seen rear cab spoilers before, and I like some, others I don't really care for.

So Today I dug it out of the back and put a grinder and jig saw to it, and set it on the truck, I gotta say that I am not sold on the look so I just wanted your poinion. Take a look at the pics and see if my gut reaction of... its "okay.." is your gut reaction also.

Obvously it will be painted Red,..

Geterdone!

Attachments

• SV500001.JPG
    SV500001.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 47
  • SV500002.JPG
    SV500002.JPG
    194.1 KB · Views: 57
  • SV500003.JPG
    SV500003.JPG
    190.2 KB · Views: 56
  • SV500004.JPG
    SV500004.JPG
    190.9 KB · Views: 54

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
whoa dude your moving in the wrong direction taking the chrome off Big Ed and adding that . iff'n you ask me

stroke_smoke

Reaction score
i'm kinda on the fence. It looks good. BUT, (and no offense) it reminds me of a ricer. :sorry: but only to a point. it also reminds me of a truck i saw once that looked bad ass with something similar on the roof. so i dont know.

RedTruck

Reaction score
Darrin,

You don't know me. But you asked...

While I have seen some really gay add ons in my day, that has got to be the gayest looking thing that has ever adorned an IDI. LOL

I'm just kidding. It's not that gay, but I think it would take away from the clean look that you've got a really nice start on. You've got a sharp looking rig there. Seriously though if any of your buddies tell you it looks good they're just buddies and not a real friend...plus...they're probably gay.

Paul

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
na dont look good at all but, doesnt go with the red, But I bet It would go real nice on a tan truck

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Great responses guys, I figured this would be fun! :Sly Not one person said "Dude that looks Sweet!" Heck not even me and it is my truck,. But after working on it with Tony for an hour or so I at least had to post some pics of it just to get the feedback

I just kept looking at it today, and kinda tilting my head going,.....I don't think so,.... So NO the spoiler is not going on the truck, at least in that configuration,......... I do have other ideas, well see,.. :Sly

Anyway, like I said Great responses, makes for some fun reading. Keep em comin.

Thanks,
Darrin

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Well Darrin it is different so you got that going for you and really I'm suprised at how well it fits the cab but personally I've always wanted a lifted CC with a double roll bar with a row of KC's on it and now you need a set of steps like these :Sly ;Sweet

Attachments

• steps4.JPG
    steps4.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 25

Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darrin, I'm with everyone else. I did see a 94 CC with a stainless steel air wing on it that looked great when pulling a 5er.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Is there adequate ventalation in that shop? I'm thinkin' not. The fumes are getting to you, right? Just my opinion - Not good, not good at all.