CDR Alternative Poll - Looking for your feedback

Which IP CDR version would you prefer?

• 1.0 - Straight 1.5” barb

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, from some conversation in another thread I wanted to open it up to community feedback. If I made some extra CDR/breather IP covers, which design do you prefer? Let me know through the poll and any thoughts or questions you have. Pics for reference below. All components are 304ss.

You must be registered for see images attach

BlindAmbition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 because I am using the second water port on my pump and the other two options would block it

Lumberjackchuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not the NPT. Not sure if you’d ever have the clearance to spin an elbow on if you wanted. I’d vote for #2

Also check your clearance with the 1.5” elbow to the serpentine belt if you have one.

I welded a 12AN bung on the IP cover and the elbow fitting I used came pretty close to the belt

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not the NPT. Not sure if you’d ever have the clearance to spin an elbow on if you wanted. I’d vote for #2

Also check your clearance with the 1.5” elbow to the serpentine belt if you have one.

I welded a 12AN bung on the IP cover and the elbow fitting I used came pretty close to the belt
You would install the fitting on the cover and then to the cover to housing but I hear you.

I like AN and have done 12AN breathers before. it’s worked fine so far. I think I would like it a bit bigger than 12an off the ip cover but would have to give it some thought. Don’t have a strong opinion yet. AN does get increasingly more expensive as it’s sized up.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Here’s what I’m roughly coming up, I’m starting to like an AN16 option. Min/mid/max hose size. AN12 should be fine but I prefer a higher error tolerance.

Kdo58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Draft tubes, and I still have a gutted cdr valve, hooked up to a banks system.

Attachments

• 20231104_141106.jpg
    20231104_141106.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20231104_141055.jpg
    20231104_141055.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 8

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yea the belt that takes oil for a ride. This some old filter and a 1in 90 coulpler, I have someone weld together. This give ideal of the space arond, a -16 off a 90* could work.

You must be registered for see images

That filter did get moved up...

You must be registered for see images

Lumberjackchuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s what I’m roughly coming up, I’m starting to like an AN16 option. Min/mid/max hose size. AN12 should be fine but I prefer a higher error tolerance.

AN12 works fine for now since my rings are brand new. I didn’t get total seal but still no blow by for the moment.

AN16 gonna be very tough to fit. Not sure you could do it. I like the hose barb better if you’re gonna go that big.

Plus I think elbow is the way to go. Not sure how you’d make that bend with a straight barb. It’s very close to belt and fan.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7