please make the beaping stop

cranknrods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2007 5.9 TD 2500 quadcab

every time I touch the brake pedal the warning tone sounds. the warning tone also sounds when i hit the turn signals right or left. the right and left turn signals are also doing the double time but all the bulbs and lights work as far as i can tell. its the same tone that comes on when you first put the key in except its a singal tone not multiple. but it comes on every time i touch the brake pedal.

theirs no codes and no malfunction light:confused:

please help me turn this tone off before i start shooting my truck-cuss-cuss-cuss-cuss-cuss-cuss

cranknrods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found it...

when the back blinker light went out i switched them with LED lights-it turns out that these lights dont draw enough amps. thus the computer thought that the lights were burned out. thus giving me a tone every time the lights turned on.

man do i feel dumb:rolleyes:

but after some research about the LED ligjts and learning what i had done it was a pretty simple fix.

however, those plastic gromets that hold the rear light assembly seem to be a one time use deal. so i need 4 new gromets. anybody got any ideas where i can get these. i havent checked but i bet there like 10 bucks a pop at the stealership...:dunno

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online

No members online now.