Playin with the 7.3 with a short vid.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
I was driving home when I realized that I had a camera with me so here is a short video of my truck showing its acceleration, BEFORE anyone mentions it I know it needs timed, I replaced the injectors last spring but don't have a meter.
The reason for a rolling start is twofold;
1. I need to replace my rear U-Joint, it's about shot.
2. If I mash the throttle from a dead stop it will light up the tires then wheel hop like a SOB.
http://youtu.be/JVA--dDI-Ok
If you listen closely at 0:36 you can hear the truck catching up with the tires...

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Just my opinion.... but are the blue lights that obnoxious "in person" for me, I would have to turn those way down.... they seemed to blare at me..... again my opinion...

The Ford Factory "green" isn't too bad (yes they still use that same color). But my favorite dash was the RED lighted one I have in a Pontiac Bonneville..... that was really nice.......

Truck does really scoot along......

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Just my opinion.... but are the blue lights that obnoxious "in person" for me, I would have to turn those way down.... they seemed to blare at me..... again my opinion...

The Ford Factory "green" isn't too bad (yes they still use that same color). But my favorite dash was the RED lighted one I have in a Pontiac Bonneville..... that was really nice.......

Truck does really scoot along......

They were great when I was in detroit for college (yes I'm that young), but up here in the country on a clear night they're fine, in in-climate weather they suck... The 3 on the pillar are the biggest offenders but at least I can change them to red.

FWIW the "brightest" (perceived) color light to the human eye is, on average, a blueish green, such as the numbers on the dash gauges in that video. Whereas red appears dim but easily visible because it is only viewed by the rods and not the cones in your eye.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
That things GITS!!! I wish I had the time and $$ to slam the turbo on top of my engine. Once I get this heating issue solved I may just do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online