planning stage

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I have been wanting to swap an idi in a f100 I found.
Stage 1: use my tax check to buy the 86 f350 I found. Strip everything I might need for the swap. (Engine, transmission, wiring, fuel tank and lines, cross members, core support, radiator ect)
I will sell the plow and Dana 60 that is on it. And scrap the truck.
Stage 2:I will use the new funds to buy the f100. And start the swap.
Stage 3: sell my car and use that to pay off what little debt I have. (The car should cover all the bills. Not much but I'm donewith debt and small cars!)
You must be registered for see images attach

This is what the truck I found looks like. BC it will be a dd I needed 4x4 for winter
I think I'll make an air dam on the front to help off set the height.

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
Nice! One day I'm going to build a short wheel base, single cab 2wd idi, just need the space to do so.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
That is a build I often think of. A small step side like that would be economical to have along side my crew cab and a breeze to park when going on errands. I would be happy with any step side from 50's-91.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan, I love the old 2wd, standard cab step sides. I'd can the 4x4 option as I like the look of the 2wd trucks and I don't need a driven front axle, but that's just my preference. I had a Surburban the last winter I lived in Cleveland and I never put it in 4WD once that winter.

Good luck, sounds like a neat project ;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Get in touch with Mel and his son. They did this and got 29.5 mpg... Not a bad swap either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svttim

Members online