Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update... got the pressure switches working. The low pressure works great.. the high pressure doesn't. I need to change the high pressure switch for one with a manual reset as when the switch trips due to high pressure and the pressure drops, it kicks the motor back on.

I bet I could tighten the window up a bit to say 85-90psi and perhaps the pressure would drop fast enough to trip the low pressure switch.. hmm..

Anyways.. here is how it works..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXb78HVxiJc

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update.. got both pressure switches working now. Just needed to narrow the operating band a bit. It now has a 10psi window (~82psi - ~92psi) Basically, the high pressure switch hits and as the motor cycles off, pressure drops below the low pressure switch faster then the pump can come back online... so it shuts everything down until the low pressure switch is bypassed.

I'm feeling much better about leaving this system unattended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T15hxUqNPjo

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Acid

That is a really slick setup........ now you really can "walk away" from it and now worry about coming back to the "Exxon Valdez"........

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Has anyone thought about using the spill containment trays? Like uline?
Just curious.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought about it a few times.. but really the only thing I'm really concerned about springing a leak are the totes...

My main concern with the pressure switches is motor/electrical failure causing a fire. Now, pretty well any issues trips the whole system and shuts it down.

I did find out that the thermal protection on the motor works.. I was running too large of a pulley on the motor.. just pushed it too hard. It shut down after about 45 minutes. After changing the pulley, I put nearly 10hrs solid on it without a hitch. Motor does get hot to the touch.. but I can hold my hand on in for a good bit so not too worried about it.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Dirty Oil?

Thought I would post pics of some of the crud/stuff that has been centrifuged out of the oil.
Two cans. The can on the left came from a batch of 70% WMO, 20% BioDiesel, and 10% RUG. I only thought to collect the crud after 48 hours of 'fuging. This goop has the consistancy of a cross between RTV and silly putty. That can has been sitting for two weeks and this stuff has not moved. The can on the right is from my latest barrel of WMO. I have only heated it to boil the water out and reduce its viscosity. After the first day, its run for over a week straight now without RUG added. As someone pointed out, while the RUG reduces the viscosity, it also evaporates and I'm not crazy about the smell of gasoline in my garage. It has been running at about 35 degrees C. The system just seems to run at that temp.

I clean the rotor bowl out every day and I'm still getting crud out. This crud has a different feel. Almost like a watery clay. I took a picture of the screw driver standing up in it, but it fell over right after the picture was taken.

crazytwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the system pictures. It gives me ideas for a starting point.

bugman40284

Reaction score

well here is my set up unfortunately the pictures are sideways. so i have to 55 g/h centrifuges with a 1 1/2 hp motor on a belt that is hooked up to a volkswagon power steering pump with a skateboard wheel used to create belt tension. i have a band heater that i picked up on ebay for around 100 bucks that will heat it up to 300 f. i ran all the high pressure line in 1/2 and 3/8 copper because i had a hose blow on me and lost about 30 gallons of hydraulic fluid... not a wonderful day. there is a pressure relief valve that i set to 120 psi, no more problems with oil spills. the low pressure line is a hard shark bite tube that i picked up from lowes or the depot i cant remember. everything works perfect and i have filtered about 1000 gallons over the past couple years with no problems. i usually turn everything on in the morning, it heats up to 160-180 degrees and i go to work. when i get home i have about 55 gallons of oil with a nice dark honey color to it. i prefer transmission fluid in my truck because my she seems to like it the most, but i will pretty much put anything in her with slight performance lose or the occasional jolt as i am going down the freeway.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.