PICTURES and VIDEOS of your WMO processing system

MontanaJack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MODS: please move this to the pics and videos thread if you see fit. But as I pertains only to WMO I made my best guess putting it here

When I first started cleaning my own oil, all I wanted was to see how other people are doing it. It helped me to pick and chose what I liked and wanted to employ I my setup.

so let's help each other out. Post some pictures, or better yet videos of your working system along with a brief explanation of your process and perhaps what you'd like to change and why. And offer (tactful) suggestions of how to improve.

Let's try to keep meaningless posts like: "I like it!" Or "very cool" from clogging up the thread so we don't have to go through endless pages looking for the next relevant picture or video.:idiot:

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first setup to make 4 gal trial runs

You must be registered for see images attach

current setup, not shown are the 6 stage finishing filters.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score

MontanaJack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I started this thread and posted the video I burned up two of those drill pumps. So I can't say I'd recommend them anymore. I just bought a small 12 volt transfer pump instead. We'll see how that goes.

The FNG

NOT a Powerstroke!
Reaction score
Since I started this thread and posted the video I burned up two of those drill pumps. So I can't say I'd recommend them anymore. I just bought a small 12 volt transfer pump instead. We'll see how that goes.

Which drill pumps? The Chevy drill pumps? Mines been going for a few thousand gallons now with no issues. You would really have to pump a lot of really nasty stuff to wear out one of those...

MontanaJack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The drill pumps I was buying were ordered through Home Depot for $13. I used a couple other brands but returned them since they leaked and were very slow. I think the Home Depot ones would last longer if I didn't use them as much and if I turned them at a lower rpm. But for $40 at harbor freight I got this new one. We'll see I guess.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While back bought a rotary hand pump for pumping wmo, took the handle off and adapted (used a grider) to make a 3/4" socket fit, then got a 1/2" electric drill to turn the whole setup.
Ill try to get a pic of it.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've burn't up a couple chevy pumps... lol.

My first one I built, I used a SBC pump... I seized it solid after a batch of gear oil.. apparently it picked up something solid and it damaged the gears. I pulled it apart and filed the gouges out and it works again... sorta.

My 2nd chevy pump, I went with a high volume BBC pump... fitted the housing with 1" fittings and can fill a 55 gallon drum in a couple minutes.. however my last drum I emptied was mostly fuel and lets just say the gear pump didn't like the lubeless fuel... Need to pull it apart as it hangs from time to time now. Still one of the better pumps I've built.

Now, I brought home a vane style drum pump and am tossing the idea around of welding a nut to the end of the shaft and running it with a low speed 1/2" drill... it flows decent.. not quite as well as the BBC pump...

Those little transfer pumps wont last long... electric or drill powered. The seals will fail in them as they are typically only designed for water... the ones designed for fuel will cook the motor due to the extra load of the thicker oil.

-Chris

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Harbor freight water pump pulls WMO out the white 5 gal bucket through a 20, 10, 5, 1, and water separator. Output is sent into a 15 gal jug on a dolly and I barrel pump it into the trucks.

All the blue buckets are screened down to 100 micron with plastic sieves, blended with RUG, and left to settle.

I like screening it down to 100 micron in the blue buckets from bulk/recovered/dropped off oil sources so I can QC the oil and minimize any losses from water/heavy contamination.

I've put close to 200 gallons through that rig, and have about 150 still on hand. For picking up oil in bulk I have a 100 gallon tank on the back of the (bedless) 92 sclb. Oil sources include coworkers, Craigslist, and one mechanic shop.

I might have to add a bulk storage cubie to hold all the stored unprocessed oil.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online